• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Get to cover, stop the threat if possible.

Or this seems to work LOL
    6ebd2f42-149c-46cc-abe7-8db217b840ad_text.gif

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are indeed Situations where there is NO Risk Free Option. Literally screwed if you do , and screwed if you don't.

Don't respond , and potentially you ( and/ or other innocent people ) are killed or major bad outcome .

Do respond , and original BG could best you . Unseen Reserve BG could get you . You could be caught in unintentional crossfire . Other GG ( with or w/o Badge ) could misinterpret you as the BG , and do the seemingly at the time appropriate response.

You've got to instantly calculate and compare the probabilities and potential downsides of each ( multiple) option .

Only in those rare , Blatantly Obvious situations will the answer be imeadately plain .

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    DO NOT ENGAGE unless the threat is clear and unambiguous. As above - seek cover, know your exit plan BEFORE you are aware of any threat, and stay holstered until you have a need to engage.

Absent an exquisite level of tactical training, RETREAT to cover and be a good witness.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Tr
    This isn't the only one we have had. But it is one of the schidtiest ones.

My policy is "me and mine first". If you are a threat to those things, or preventing egress/escape, too bad for you if I can get shots on you. If you aren't, not my problem. way too easy to screw up and.shoot the wrong person (happens too often) or get shot by someone else.
    truth.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    DO NOT ENGAGE unless the threat is clear and unambiguous. As above - seek cover, know your exit plan BEFORE you are aware of any threat, and stay holstered until you have a need to engage.

Absent an exquisite level of tactical training, RETREAT to cover and be a good witness.
    One doesn't have to be an exquisite Tier 1 operator to eliminate a threat.
    Closing the gap, moving to shoot, is a basic self defense ritual taught to, and practiced by many. You don't have to "clear" every store in the mall or building to go after the threat. You literally go to where shooting is.
    I personally know a pretty good amount of people here who would have no marksmanship issue doing it. I've seen them train.
    One just needs to determine their own situation in life and have the willingness to go through with it.
    And it's 1000000% ok to not do it.

So refrain from telling people to not engage a threat. They'll know if they can or will at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom