Awareness/Mindset/Q&A get together with Bob "Ninja" Porras. Delta/CIA guy. Thursday April 18,2024

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks again Blaster. Great evening.
    Thank you. Not bad for a little get together chat. We're talking about putting together a more structed class thing for the future. I'd like to combine an emergency prep/surveillance detection with a range day somewhere.

Bob and Laura had a long day. They had been on the road for about 9 hours. I know they're beat this morning.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Thank you. Not bad for a little get together chat. We're talking about putting together a more structed class thing for the future. I'd like to combine an emergency prep/surveillance detection with a range day somewhere.

Bob and Laura had a long day. They had been on the road for about 9 hours. I know they're beat this morning.
    I appreciate your efforts in putting this together, Sir.

I'd be interested in seeing the more structured event. Date depending, I'd be in.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I appreciate your efforts in putting this together, Sir.

I'd be interested in seeing the more structured event. Date depending, I'd be in.
    Glad you got out!

Yeah I keep talking about these bigger longer events but then I ball park the cost, and don't see most people doing it.

Something like 1 day classroom of some subjects then day 2 at the range. Catered lunch at the range and AAR dinner each night at the hotel.
    2 nights hotel, breakfast ,lunch, and dinner, paying Bob, and whatever else, it would have to be at least $1,000 per person. Probably closer between that and 1500. "The MDS Cohesion Event".

I'll start a poll.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Glad you got out!

Yeah I keep talking about these bigger longer events but then I ball park the cost, and don't see most people doing it.

Something like 1 day classroom of some subjects then day 2 at the range. Catered lunch at the range and AAR dinner each night at the hotel.
    2 nights hotel, breakfast ,lunch, and dinner, paying Bob, and whatever else, it would have to be at least $1,000 per person. Probably closer between that and 1500. "The MDS Cohesion Event".

I'll start a poll.
    I'll be into at least that for the 2day I'm headed to in a couple months. I typically attend one course of that expense level every year. Between facility scheduling and Bob scheduling, this would probably have to be a late 2024 or early 2025 thing anyway. Plenty of time to budget.

I may be unusual in that I'm used to fending for myself on the sustainment side at courses. Some may prefer a greater level of amenities.

Maybe your poll will establish the level of interest/commitment.

MiniOutrider

Mar 16, 2020
    Great talk and reminder of how (won’t speak for anyone but myself) I could be more vigilant. Thanks to Laura I also felt heard as a lady haha. It was such a pleasure meeting her and Bob. Thanks @Blaster229 for setting this up! Also the brisket Reuben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Great talk and reminder of how (won’t speak for anyone but myself) I could be more vigilant. Thanks to Laura I also felt heard as a lady haha. It was such a pleasure meeting her and Bob. Thanks @Blaster229 for setting this up! Also the brisket Reuben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am trying to take them to Middleton's for lunch today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom