• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    I am a member, I enjoy the club. The rifle range is nice 25, 50, 100, 200 yds. The pistol range and trap range. The next closest rifle range is hab baker and that is a hike. The tough part is getting in, at one point there was a 5 yr waiting list to be put in to a raffle to join the club.

jeepin13

Jan 10, 2011
    Bel Air, MD
    Wow thats insane. Do you know if it is still like that? Would be nice to sign some papers and pay my dues, get a card and go shoot. Had no idea it was that big.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    I am a member, I enjoy the club. The rifle range is nice 25, 50, 100, 200 yds. The pistol range and trap range. The next closest rifle range is hab baker and that is a hike. The tough part is getting in, at one point there was a 5 yr waiting list to be put in to a raffle to join the club.

Damn I was thinking about joining. 5 years!!! Really?? Guess I'll be loading up and heading to Westminster again.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The reason for the wait is that they limit the number of members. So, unless someone passes away or moves or drops out.....

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    my bad guys, let me clearify. At one point it was that long of a wait but the year I joined they let in 80 members due to lost of old member and increasing expenses. I am not sure about this year. The club has several requirements on top of the dues for the first 2 yrs you have to put in 5 hrs of work and 8 hrs at a event per year. Then 5 hrs per year after the 2 yr trial period. Its work but for everythumg you get its well worth it.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    They have a nicely stocked pond as well. Me and a friend used to ride our bikes 30 minutes to get there and go fishing. Trout, catfish, bass. We had a blast and we always stayed out of trouble. It said no trespassing but we had members come down and talk to us and we were always welcome. I think we were about 12 at the time. We cleaned up after ourslves and just enjoyed it. Good to see some people dont overreact and can see when we werent doing anything wrong. Id love to join the club now though.

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    Dues are....
    $200 one time initiation fee for first-timers.
    $105 each year (so $305 for first-timers).
    Minimum of 5 hours work time per year.
    Work one event, such as the annual crab feast.
    Must me a member of the NRA.
    Clean criminal record.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Dues are....
    $200 one time initiation fee for first-timers.
    $105 each year (so $305 for first-timers).
    Minimum of 5 hours work time per year.
    Work one event, such as the annual crab feast.
    Must me a member of the NRA.
    Clean criminal record.

Thats the easy part. The sponser and raffle you need to win to get in are the hard part. I would gladly pay&work if I could get in

Flash

Jan 1, 2008
    Adams County Pa.
    Damn, my club is $25 a year. Handgun range, 25, 50, 100 yard rifle range, stocked pond,free pig roasts, etc.
    You guys have to move to Pennsylvania. Rosedale is but a memory for me.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    Joined BCG&F 1 year ago. Best thing I've done in a long time. At the last meeting they asked us to recruit some younger members 'cuz we're old and ugly. You need a member to sponsor you to get in the club. I can't sponsor anyone until I get 3 or 4 years in. If you get someone to sponsor you, you might get in. I got in on the first try. You gotta do some work hours or you WILL be kicked out. It's the best place I've ever shot except for the farm dump or private property. Trap, archery, rifle (25/50/100/200), pistol (7/15/25). We still say the Pledge. You know what I mean?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Just to clear up some things that I have read in this thread if I could. BCG&F has 550 members and it just added the 50 last year, it was restricted to 500, that is why last year there were so many people that got in. You do have the work requirements now and they are much stricter on enforcing it. You also need to have taken a safety class before you can get a range badge.

I have been a member there for a few years and it is a very nice range to shoot at. It has a bar, dinner nights that are cooked in a very well equipped kitchen and numerous events throughout the year. I would highly recommend it if you can get in, my sponsorship is already spoken for, sorry. I am one of the instructors there as well so if you have any questions about the place please feel free to ask.

Court530

Jan 8, 2012
    Hello - My fiancé & I are trying to become members to Baltiomore Co. Game & fiah and I was curious if you had any guidance you could offer With the initiation process? Would it be worthwhile to go up on Thursday? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va

Yeah, I can't even get a response by email or phone. Shame, I live right through the wood from them. It would be nice to at least say there is a waiting list, either on the site or by email

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Just to clear up some things that I have read in this thread if I could. BCG&F has 550 members and it just added the 50 last year, it was restricted to 500, that is why last year there were so many people that got in. You do have the work requirements now and they are much stricter on enforcing it. You also need to have taken a safety class before you can get a range badge.

I have been a member there for a few years and it is a very nice range to shoot at. It has a bar, dinner nights that are cooked in a very well equipped kitchen and numerous events throughout the year. I would highly recommend it if you can get in, my sponsorship is already spoken for, sorry. I am one of the instructors there as well so if you have any questions about the place please feel free to ask.

Does the trap field have voice release? Is the trap field open every day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom