• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I've using them for sporting clays. They are a great shell and they have lower recoil due to the unique hull design. They build the shell using ALL of their own manufactured top quality components. BUT, they are pricey and tough to find. The sporting shells I shoot were available at Cabelas for $70 a flat with $5 shipping no matter the quantity. B&P offers a discount depending on how many flats you buy, but each time I inquired about that I got different answers from them. Another quality shell is the Game Bore White Gold. They are easier to get because they have a distributor in Pa. Game Bore is about the same price as B&P. Due to the price, either would be overkill for informal trap or skeet. I would stick with the inexpensive stuff (I prefer Gun Clubs or RIO) for what you want to do.

By way of additional info on the B&P regarding recoil.... They have a base wad that collapses upon ignition. That sucks up some recoil. With comparible velocies, it feels like the difference between a 3 Dram shell and a 2 3/4 Dram shell. Doesn't sound like a lot, but after a couple of hundred rounds in a day, the lower recoil allows for less fatigue. They are also reloadable, but since the base wad was already crushed, you don't get the same reduced recoil benefit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom