Benelli Quality Control Very Disappointing what say you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I might be wrong, but doesn’t Cabelas/Bass Pro have a “no return on firearms” policy? Or is that just ammo?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Knots can weaken the wood. Knots can add beauty. These are not at the narrowest area of the stock, but they are close. Unless the stock is abused and used as a mallet, it should outlast the shooter.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    No idea what the "huh" is directly related to. If it is directed tot he WD40 comment, he is referring to what I did in 2002 with my Beretta 391 Teknys and Beretta 682 Gold.

I did mention that I already owned several Beretta guns and I would hate to have to go to a different manufacturer like Perazzi, Krieghoff, etc.

OP - I received the same sort of treatment from Browning in the 90s on the rusting and galling on my Browning Citori Lighting. Hence, my first Beretta purchase. I have not looked back since. However, if I received the same treatment from Benelli that you did, I'm pretty sure I would be looking for a different brand gun moving forward. Granted, I would have asked to speak to the lady's supervisor. Sort of like talking to the entry level customer service reps at Comcast, IRS, etc. It takes 30 minutes just to explain the problem to then hear, "Can I put you on hold for 5 minutes while I research the issue?"

Did you contact Cabela's? Cabela's used to have great customer service. No idea what it is like now that Bass Pro bought Cabela's. If it is anything like the gun room in Christiana and the merchandise I have seen in Augusta and elsewhere in Cabela's stores, it probably will not work out well. Does not hurt to try though.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    No idea what the "huh" is directly related to. If it is directed tot he WD40 comment, he is referring to what I did in 2002 with my Beretta 391 Teknys and Beretta 682 Gold.

I did mention that I already owned several Beretta guns and I would hate to have to go to a different manufacturer like Perazzi, Krieghoff, etc.

OP - I received the same sort of treatment from Browning in the 90s on the rusting and galling on my Browning Citori Lighting. Hence, my first Beretta purchase. I have not looked back since. However, if I received the same treatment from Benelli that you did, I'm pretty sure I would be looking for a different brand gun moving forward. Granted, I would have asked to speak to the lady's supervisor. Sort of like talking to the entry level customer service reps at Comcast, IRS, etc. It takes 30 minutes just to explain the problem to then hear, "Can I put you on hold for 5 minutes while I research the issue?"

Did you contact Cabela's? Cabela's used to have great customer service. No idea what it is like now that Bass Pro bought Cabela's. If it is anything like the gun room in Christiana and the merchandise I have seen in Augusta and elsewhere in Cabela's stores, it probably will not work out well. Does not hurt to try though.
    Starting a post with random “squeaky hinge” and “I am wood gun” then a biology lesson of how wood grain lines grow. Multiple miss-spellings of “knot”. None of which was a direct reply to anyone’s post. Random run-on senteneces and incomplete thoughts, hence...huh?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    If I picked that up off a rack at a gun store, I'd put it back.

If it had sentimental value I wouldn't care.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I would blast pictures of it all over social media including their Facebook/twitter/instagram pages along with trap shooting forums. I would also put a description of your interaction with customer service rep.
    I bet they will be jumping at the chance to make it right first thing Monday morning in order to get you to take it down.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    If they were solid knots (no major filling occurred during the finishing of the stock) then it wouldn't bother me as much, but I can see on the left side of the stock that there was significant filling during the finishing process which means there's less structural integrity in those areas. The visual doesn't bother me, but the integrity does. I'd plaster this all over social media (twitter, Instagram, etc.) until you get the response you're looking for. I have 100% Turkish-made guns for 1/3 the price that have better stocks than that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wood with knots. Whoduhthunkit.

Reminds me of the movie, Shallow Hal.

It's a gift I'm sure she'll love regardless of Mother Nature's quirks.
    An argument I've had many many times with customers(as a hardwood floor installer) 40 or so years. Lol.

There are different qualities of walnut stocks. No sap wood, I'm good. But then again, I prefer snuggly polymer guns.

Coehorn

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    An argument I've had many many times with customers(as a hardwood floor installer) 40 or so years. Lol.

There are different qualities of walnut stocks. No sap wood, I'm good. But then again, I prefer snuggly polymer guns.
    When I'm building something out of pine, the knottier the better.

Generally less expensive too.

GCM56

MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2021
    AllStockWoodGrades-375x300.jpg

I don't see any knots here

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I would blast pictures of it all over social media including their Facebook/twitter/instagram pages along with trap shooting forums. I would also put a description of your interaction with customer service rep.
    I bet they will be jumping at the chance to make it right first thing Monday morning in order to get you to take it down.

That sounds like a Karen move if I’ve ever heard one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    The Op said he purchased online and didn't perform a thorough inspection becuase of the surety of quality that generally accompanies brand name arms.
    Sometimes that sort of thing happens and at least it sounds like he knew he took a certain risk just by doing an overall by not disrupting the factory packing.
    I'm not sure taking pictures and whining on face book would get him anywhere other than more overall dissatisfaction with his purchase.
    It already sounds like he wants to sell it.
    This crying online though and plastering pictures thing sounds silly to me. Is that how problems are solved in today's world?
    I think I would rather keep it than doing something like that.

JDH146

jdh146
    Dec 26, 2009
    Call customer service back and ask for a supervisor. If still no satisfaction then ask for the President's office .You will likely get an assistant up the chain of command but they will usually get you to someone who can resolve the matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom