• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    Awesome performer. Reliable, doesnt jam. It actually gets boring after a while. If you are going suppressed, it is still one of the best platforms to put a can on.

issues:
    Stout grip
    hard to change out sights

Beretta 92 all decked out.

SWEET!
    Ever think about adding a shoulder stock? I have an old Hi-Power with the slot, and was going to go crazy with it, stock, sights etc

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    It's my high-capacity carry pistol. Fits my hand perfectly but so does a full-sized USP. :D

And I mean perfectly. I can manipulate slide lock, magazine release, safety/decocker and takedown button without shifting my grip at all.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Awesome performer. Reliable, doesnt jam. It actually gets boring after a while. If you are going suppressed, it is still one of the best platforms to put a can on.

issues:
    Stout grip

:thumbsup: Right on the money. Not a concealed carry gun, but reliable and accurate. Cycles with out using an expensive booster when shooting with a light suppressor.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Any body know what changing the sights entail?

If you can find the Brigadier slide models (beefed up near the ejection port, front serrations) they have dovetails for sights.

Otherwise you can drill a hole in the front sight and pin a sight on for the front. Not too big a deal. Any decent gunsmith can do it. :thumbsup:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have two one is a civ. M9 and the other is a 92FS that I bought parts and put together my self.

I also bought a 22 conversion kit for it and it works great as a 9 mm and 22 LR. They both shoot to about the same point.

I took my 92 FS to the factory in accokeek and had them put an unadjustable sight on and sighted it in well worth the money and only took a bout a week.

I put an unadjustable sight on the 22 conversion my self and it was a Little job with out the rear sight tool but can be done.

The M9 is stock and will stay that way.

BTW you can also get a 96 upper and convert it to a 40 caliber. in seconds.

it is accurate I can hit a person size target at 100 yards with little issues with mine when shooting 115 gr 9 mm rounds.

stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    I have the 92fs and a custom carry sub-compact. I realy like these guns. However I have only ran a few hundred rounds through the full size and its been flawless and accurate. The Custom Carry on the other hand I have personally ran 2500+ rounds through and its been sweet, my favorite range gun and it goes every trip. My 9 year old son shot it the other day for the first time and he was quite accurate at 25' with it.

notguilty

Dec 1, 2009
    Thanks for the heads-up ,i bought one yesterday...so does that make you baby Baretta's uncle.forgive me it's late.Merry Christmas!!!:D

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    My Uncle got one on Wednesday.

Still about 40 left.

Great deal- pistol, two mags, hardcase, factory grips, hogue grips.....$300, plus msp fee, tax and lock, 350 out the door.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I'll definitely hit The Cop Shop, I've wanted a 92 for a while. Which exact model are they? The standard 92FS?

issues:
    Stout grip
    Why is your suppressor screwed into the barrel, rather than the barrel into the suppressor?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'll definitely hit The Cop Shop, I've wanted a 92 for a while. Which exact model are they? The standard 92FS?

Why is your suppressor screwed into the barrel, rather than the barrel into the suppressor?

That is because I photo- chopped the mount in that older photo as It is an experimental design that I'm working on that tightens the barrel to the slide. ( to improve accuracy).

below is an extension that was machined onto the barrel.

Attachments

• ber92_extend_135.jpg
      ber92_extend_135.jpg
      4.8 KB · Views: 209

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    That is because I photo- chopped the mount in that older photo as It is an experimental design that I'm working on that tightens the barrel to the slide. ( to improve accuracy).

below is an extension that was machined onto the barrel.

I've seen custom conical-shaped bushings made to tighten up that fit. Thread the barrel, decrease OD in order to allow the bushing to mate with the original OD barrel, should work pretty well. :thumbsup:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I've seen custom conical-shaped bushings made to tighten up that fit. Thread the barrel, decrease OD in order to allow the bushing to mate with the original OD barrel, should work pretty well. :thumbsup:

I had a grove machined onto the barrel extension to accept an HK type Barrel O-ring. This has reduced slide/ barrel play substantially.With this mod, My Beretta outshoots my AK in terms of groups at 100 yards.

You cant commercialize the mod as it is an HK idea( Same as USP tactical pistols). But it works....A simple grove and a $10.00 oring improves accuracy . It also helps in maintaining POI within acceptable deviation from suppressed to unsuppressed shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom