• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    New vs used what's the best option for a cz75? We're the older ones better as far as trigger is concerned? I like the look of the cz75 and hear great things about them. Not necessarily in the market for one I'm just curious! Thanks
    --Brent

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I have a CZ 85 ( park finish ) I acquired 20+ years ago while working in Czech, And I bought a CZ 75B ( thick epoxy like coating ) when they first came out in the US, Other than the finish I cant see any difference between the two.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    CZs hold their value extremely well due to the limited production runs they do each year. So many times don't expect to get a used one for too much less than a new one would run you. CZs do smooth out as they are used, however, the triggers in them aren't great. i have quite a few of them, and eventually they have all gone off to CZ custom or Cajun Gun works. Both companies offer the parts to customers to install themselves, but CZs aren't the easiest of pistols to work on so I don't recommend this to someone who isn't familiar with smithing. For the price point on them you would have a hard time finding a better pistol, and like glock or any of the others there are models that fit different needs. The PO1 is a compact with rail, the PCR is compact no rail, P01 full sized with Rail, and 75 is full size. All are available in decocker or safety, and all the safety models are also available in a single action only that comes with CZ custom work and a great trigger. They are definitely worth handling and seeing if you like.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    There is a good description of the triggers from CZ Custom mentioning the difference of models with/without firing pin blocks.

http://czcustom.com/sanditriggerworksada.aspx

I had my CZ-97b setup exactly the same as my SP-01 Shadow Target and there is a slight difference in trigger feel due to the firing pin block in the 97b. The SP-01 Shadow has a crisper feel at release and shorter reset. They are both very nice, but the my SP-01 Shadow is just a little bit better. Firing pin blocks are not on the 75 SP-01 Shadow, 85 Combat, and Tactical Sports models. The rest have firing pin blocks. The "b" model is when the firing pin block was included in the series, pre-b 75s did not have them.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    There is a good description of the triggers from CZ Custom mentioning the difference of models with/without firing pin blocks.

http://czcustom.com/sanditriggerworksada.aspx

I had my CZ-97b setup exactly the same as my SP-01 Shadow Target and there is a slight difference in trigger feel due to the firing pin block in the 97b. The SP-01 Shadow has a crisper feel at release and shorter reset. They are both very nice, but the my SP-01 Shadow is just a little bit better. Firing pin blocks are not on the 75 SP-01 Shadow, 85 Combat, and Tactical Sports models. The rest have firing pin blocks. The "b" model is when the firing pin block was included in the series, pre-b 75s did not have them.

Which is why I got the 85Combat. Poor man's competition gun. ;)

OP, get one and it will be fine. I have a C&R 82 that is a dream. They all are gems.

CZ fanboy:blush:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    +++ for CGW. Awesome trigger job on my CZ.

That's good to hear. I played with a new 75B and the trigger was pretty atrocious, but I held a new SP-01 recently and the trigger was worlds better, but still nothing to write home about.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from Dave at CGW about my SP-01 decocker.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Which is why I got the 85Combat. Poor man's competition gun. ;)

OP, get one and it will be fine. I have a C&R 82 that is a dream. They all are gems.

CZ fanboy:blush:

Yes they are and they were hard to find for a while. I know a place that has them for $595 new, but they are out of state. Probably be my choice over a standard 75b if I were buying a stock CZ.

That's good to hear. I played with a new 75B and the trigger was pretty atrocious, but I held a new SP-01 recently and the trigger was worlds better, but still nothing to write home about.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from Dave at CGW about my SP-01 decocker.

After you get trigger work done on them you will never go with out again. CZ Custom does great work and I have heard nothing but good things about Cajun Gun Works as well. I have also been considering doing the barrel bushing mod from CGW or CZ Custom for my 97b.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    After you get trigger work done on them you will never go with out again. CZ Custom does great work and I have heard nothing but good things about Cajun Gun Works as well. I have also been considering doing the barrel bushing mod from CGW or CZ Custom for my 97b.

I wasn't too impressed with the worked-over P-09 I tried (lack of familiarity with DA/SA partly to blame), but then I played with a stock P-07 and understood how different they were...I just don't have a single gun that compares to my 1911's trigger; I understand nothing will come close to a match-grade 1911 trigger, but you know, I can wish for it as much as I want. :lol2:

If I was going to get a 97B, it would need that bushing mod. So cool, but at the same time serves a very real purpose.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I wasn't too impressed with the worked-over P-09 I tried (lack of familiarity with DA/SA partly to blame), but then I played with a stock P-07 and understood how different they were...I just don't have a single gun that compares to my 1911's trigger; I understand nothing will come close to a match-grade 1911 trigger, but you know, I can wish for it as much as I want. :lol2:

If I was going to get a 97B, it would need that bushing mod. So cool, but at the same time serves a very real purpose.

I have no experience with the P-07/09s. Keep in mind that those have the Omega trigger system which is not the same as what you find in a 75/85/97b. The Omega system has less parts and is simplified to make it easier to work on. You can also switch from manual safety to decocker.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I must be in the minority, as I have gotten used to my CZ triggers. It has gotten to the point that I actually like the stock CZ trigger's creep and almost two stage feel.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Are you kidding me? Maybe in MD but on the second-hand market in VA a barely used CZ75b goes for 400-425 max

I paid $520 for my BD Police. $100 off a used gun is a pretty good hold on value. My first cz I bought used for $280 in great shape. You won't find anything like that anymore.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Id go early, circa 85/86. I have an 86 pre-B its a nice gun non-import marked. Great ergonomics, early grips are better in my opinion, hammer is hugely awesome.

Now in practice, Id say a plain jane B. As much as I like hammers they just get hung up. The B also bringsin CZ's incredibly durable polycoat.

B's are simple, effective, goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom