• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I could see certain well financed antis (think Bloomberg or Soros) backing a venture like this. They think strategically where such an investment can trigger laws in states like NJ and maybe CA that make such guns mandatory once they hit the market. The dollar investment can pay off politically for them.

This . Plus the company with the most recent product introduction at that moment will hit the jackpot .

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Article states that the company has raised $37mil in venture capital and private funds. I think the Bloomberg's have already invested in this.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Funny, yesterday I received a recall on my 2021 Silverdado, the button that opens the tailgate can get wet have a short and drop the tailgate at any time!

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I wonder...if "in common use" is universal, how can the introduction of any particular gun with any particular tech lead to a constitutionally supported ban on anything already "in common use?"

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    If your DEI/Social credit score goes too low, it deems you unworthy, and won't unlock your gun. Sentences you to termination.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The founders would have never dreamed of a biometric lock on a firearm. Those are not protected and should be reserved only for military and police.
    What? It's an arm and is therefore protected by the 2a along with glocks, ar15s, and full auto Tommy guns. The technology is pretty cool and should be developed for any that WANT to buy it.

The problem isn't the technology, it's politicians attempting to mandate it. We should boycott and put them out of business rather than this fledgling gun company.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The inventor assumes it will be kept at home as a home defense gun.

It seems he got the idea after the Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooting. I don't know how he thought a "smart gun" would have made a difference there.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    What? It's an arm and is therefore protected by the 2a along with glocks, ar15s, and full auto Tommy guns. The technology is pretty cool and should be developed for any that WANT to buy it.

The problem isn't the technology, it's politicians attempting to mandate it. We should boycott and put them out of business rather than this fledgling gun company.

I was being snarky due to the recent oral arguments.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    No problem. Issue them to all secret service, capitol police and anybody doing security for any politician first. After they alll use them successfully for 5 or 10 years I'm willing to consider it.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I still remember 25 years ago when we boycotted Smith & Wesson for their 1999 deal with the Clinton administration which, among other things, would have had them develop so called "smart guns." While most boycotts aren't effective, this one caused S&W company to be sold at a discount to previous value.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    " Biofire, a Colorado-based startup, says it’s shipping its first batch of 9 mm handguns equipped with fingerprint and facial-recognition technology..."

My facial recognition on my phone actually works about 20% of the time and the fingerprint reader on my little gun safe is dicey as well. If I wash my hands I need to wait to access my safe and then it usually takes 2-3 trys before it pops open. I can imagine a little gun oil or lint or anything on your hands or gun and all you'll have is a small club in your hands. They can keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom