• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    If you bought a firearm at bmore tactical. Essex MD. Please let me know how things went. Any weird policies or requiring the gun lock purchase with every firearm?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Locks are still required by Maryland law.
    The list of locks permitted has been expanded. Omega-style chamber locks are no longer the only option.
    There is no legal requirement that you purchase a gun lock from the dealer for each gun you buy. Legally you just have to have one when you leave the store.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    Locks are still required by Maryland law.
    The list of locks permitted has been expanded. Omega-style chamber locks are no longer the only option.
    There is no legal requirement that you purchase a gun lock from the dealer for each gun you buy. Legally you just have to have one when you leave the store.
    I'm aware of this but some stores say that it is the law and they require you or they won't transfer the gun. Their website has almost nothing on it and when you call it goes to a voicemail. So I was looking for people's experiences

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    I bought a gun from them at the York gun show and did paperwork & picked up at their store. Seemed like nice enough folks but even though I called and made arrangements in advance no-one was prepared when I went to fill out the paperwork. Called prior to pick up & that went smoother. The pistol I bought came with a lock so no issues there. My purchase was kinda impulse for a good not great deal. They had a bunch of guns at the show but very few on display in the store ( one display case in the corner of Baltimore Police Supply). I would buy from them again if they had a deal on something I wanted. The limited in store stock and variable hours means its not a place that I'll just randomly stop by. Everyone I dealt with was nice it just seems like a part-time venture right now.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Q: Is a gun lock still required if you have a HGP?

I don't see a reason to think they are related.

The requirement to have a lock has nothing to do with transport or carry. You are not required to put it in the gun when you leave the store, just have it in your possession. Nor are you required to use it while transporting the gun if you do not have a permit.

Theoretically, it is about safe storage when the gun is not in your possession (ie at home). Having an HGP would be irrelevant.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I don't see a reason to think they are related.

The requirement to have a lock has nothing to do with transport or carry. You are not required to put it in the gun when you leave the store, just have it in your possession. Nor are you required to use it while transporting the gun if you do not have a permit.

Theoretically, it is about safe storage when the gun is not in your possession (ie at home). Having an HGP would be irrelevant.
    When I bought my first gun they did require it to be installed leaving the store, so obviously things have changed but that's how it was. Some FFLs just wanted you to have it some FFL is required you to buy one with every gun it was all over the place

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I have never had an FFL mention a lock to me, at all. Ever.
    That's good, I had to call around several stores until I settled on united where all they wanted was for me to have it they didn't require me to buy it from them. There's a lock barring thread because of this

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I went to pick up my gun and they were not there. I did call no answer and no voicemail and I googled and Google said it was open and that the owner had updated the time just a few days ago. The shop they are inside of is the police supply. The couple that runs that did step in and they were able to get me my weapon and on my way. Apparently they were at another gun show.

joro55

MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2022
    Towson, MD
    Bmore Tactical is great and the owner (Nick) is super easy to deal with. I've even heard people that were newer to firearms say that it was an easier place to shop and get answers that most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom