• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Someone glued a farthing onto a spent .303 case? And I can buy it?

I have a thrupence I can glue onto a Lee Enfield oiler. What am I offered?

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    This was my grandfather's, maybe his from the war (WWII). What was it for? Sunglasses in for size reference.
    Two canvas gun cases (obvs), probably made by Boyt, as the material and leather reinforcement are typical for their designs. The upper one is a full-length case for a shotgun, sxs or o/u. The bottom one is a "mutton leg" case for a shotgun designed to be taken apart for easier transport and storage. There should be a fully sleeved interior compartment for the barrel and for the stock and receiver.

Last edited:

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    3 guineas, ha'penny.
    ghost busters I won't pay it.gif

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Two canvas gun cases (obvs), probably made by Boyt, as the material and leather reinforcement are typical for their designs. The upper one is a full-length case for a shotgun, sxs or o/u. The bottom one is a "mutton leg" case for a shotgun designed to be taken apart for easier transport and storage. There should be a fully sleeved interior compartment for the barrel and for the stock and receiver.
    Look a little closer it is all one case with a single carrying handle, the skinny part is for the barrel (probably for a double barrel shotgun either side by side or over and under), the fat part is for the stock, and the pouch on the side is for shotgun ammo. I had my grandfathers it is where he kept his Parker Bros. 12 Ga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom