• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Well, without my wife, this wouldn't have been possible. She works magic with our budget to get me what I want, and doesn't ask for much. So with a little push, I got her to let me use her middle name. Unless she changes her mind, it'll be the "Ms Alise"

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    They say it's bad luck to name a boat after a woman, but I named my new boat after my mom who passed earlier this year from cancer. So I dont agree with that saying! Ms Alise sounds good to me.

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
      Boat.jpg
      39.5 KB · Views: 247

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    They say it's bad luck to name a boat after a woman, but I named my new boat after my mom who passed earlier this year from cancer. So I dont agree with that saying! Ms Alise sounds good to me.

Everything is bad luck lol. Good looking boat!

Enjoy your boat. I'm sure in the years ahead,you and your family will look back and remember the good times on it.

I sure hope so. Some of my best memories are on my dads old Grady.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Your boat is not too small to name and you wont be "that guy" at the boat ramp if you do....that was a clown statement.

I made mine as personal and clever as I could (18ft boat), "Spooled Rotten". My wife thought it was perfect because she literally lets me do anything I want and doesn't care.

Don't listen to the first day last day folks. I love my boat, getting ready to head out in a few hours to get on some rockfish. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. Enjoy it, nothing like being out there as much as you can.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Your boat is not too small to name and you wont be "that guy" at the boat ramp if you do....that was a clown statement.

I made mine as personal and clever as I could (18ft boat), "Spooled Rotten". My wife thought it was perfect because she literally lets me do anything I want and doesn't care.

Don't listen to the first day last day folks. I love my boat, getting ready to head out in a few hours to get on some rockfish. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. Enjoy it, nothing like being out there as much as you can.

Thanks bud. Wish I could get out today. Need a couple more parts and to get it registered.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Finished up the motor work today. Runs good. Just need to pick up a set of flares, and get the registration done.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    There's always something to fix on a boat, but I really don't mind it at all. It makes me appreciate every time I go out and come back without being stuck out adrift in the water. This weekend, there was heavier than normal traffic on the lake. Wife and I were headed to an on lake restaurant on 'a date'. Wife was driving and hit a huge wake. The engine/ignition system died. 5 fuses later, I was able to drive the boat home and into the covered boat lift.

While back on shore, I discovered that the impact broke loose the ground cable on the battery and another ground cable was hanging on by 3 out of about 20 wires. Today, I was able to splice a new connector onto the 2nd ground cable and tightened down the main ground cable. Boat is back to running like a dream (fingers crossed).

Boats require constant maintenance. Maybe that is what prompts the ubiquitous 'two happiest days' joke? Treat a boat like an airplane: frequently do inspections and proactively replace parts that might fail before you get out on the water.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    There's always something to fix on a boat, but I really don't mind it at all. It makes me appreciate every time I go out and come back without being stuck out adrift in the water. This weekend, there was heavier than normal traffic on the lake. Wife and I were headed to an on lake restaurant on 'a date'. Wife was driving and hit a huge wake. The engine/ignition system died. 5 fuses later, I was able to drive the boat home and into the covered boat lift.

While back on shore, I discovered that the impact broke loose the ground cable on the battery and another ground cable was hanging on by 3 out of about 20 wires. Today, I was able to splice a new connector onto the 2nd ground cable and tightened down the main ground cable. Boat is back to running like a dream (fingers crossed).

Boats require constant maintenance. Maybe that is what prompts the ubiquitous 'two happiest days' joke? Treat a boat like an airplane: frequently do inspections and proactively replace parts that might fail before you get out on the water.

That's wild. Glad all is well. I love having something to constantly tinker with. That's why I used to love old volkswagens. But now with a not so old truck, a brand new car for my wife, and all of my guns being good to go, I needed something to keep me occupied.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Boater elitism. If someone is doing something you aint, bring out the hate. ie; boat name on too "small" a boat. Who cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom