• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I'm new to the reloading. I haven't started to reload yet as I'm still gathering components. I have a chance to get Military once fire 9mm brass 3000 for 75 and Military once fire 5.56 brass 3000 for 100. wanted to know if that is a good price or a normal price. Or do not buy.

Thanks

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Have you priced new brass lately???

That is 2.5 and 3.0 cents a piece respectively.

I'm just spit-balling here, but I would say buy it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I paid $90 for 1000 back over a year ago. (turned out I did not need to as my Dad started shooting so much 9mm I had lots left over).
    Question, would the Military 9mm have a crimp on it that then needs extra time to make it reloadable? That may offset the savings unless you are willing to spend the time. May be worth it to some folks

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I paid $90 for 1000 back over a year ago. (turned out I did not need to as my Dad started shooting so much 9mm I had lots left over).
    Question, would the Military 9mm have a crimp on it that then needs extra time to make it reloadable? That may offset the savings unless you are willing to spend the time. May be worth it to some folks

That is the one, huge, drawback to military brass.

When I made oodles of 300BLK brass out of military 556, de-crimping was a must.

Never re-loaded 9mm, so I can't comment there.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I've gotten military once fired in 5.56, 9mm, and .45 before. All have the crimped primers that require the primer pocket to be swaged or reamed.

OP, its a good price for once-fired. Military brass is a bit thicker and thus will last longer.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    And Red Lacquer Too

I got a ton of 9mm.

Could be a good Gun Karma.

9 crimp 001.JPG

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    So I would only have to do the extra work on the brass once? Unless I use a factory crimp die..

Not sure what a Lee crimp die had to do with anything here. That is for crimping the bullet.

Military brass had a crimped primer. So that it doesn't fall out during transport or machinegun fire or whatnot.

Buy a rcbs primer pocket swager kit. Or if you can drill mount a reamer, you could go with that. Would not want to ream 3000 cases by hand.

Also you are correct. Only needed to do this one.

How much brass can you get? Maybe we can do as group buy on 30000 cases. :-)

Eta: fix some words. Stupid phone.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    Not sure what a Lee crimp die had to do with anything here. That is for crimping the bullet.

Military brass had a crimped primer. So that it doesn't fall out during transport or machinegun fire or whatnot.

Buy a rcbs primer pocket swager kit. Or if you can drill mount a reamer, you could go with that. Would not want to ream 3000 cases by hand.

Also you are correct. Only needed to do this one.

How much brass can you get? Maybe we can do as group buy on 30000 cases. :-)

Eta: fix some words. Stupid phone.

Ok thanks I misunderstood

I will ask and see how much he has..

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I'm new to the reloading. I haven't started to reload yet as I'm still gathering components. I have a chance to get Military once fire 9mm brass 3000 for 75 and Military once fire 5.56 brass 3000 for 100. wanted to know if that is a good price or a normal price. Or do not buy.

Thanks
    That's a good price, buy it.. as long as you are ready to prep once fired, or range pickup brass.. it can sometimes be a bit nasty, but once cleaned and prepped, works great! :thumbsup:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks doent look to bad, it will just take a couple years to do...:D
    You can speed it up by just using a countersink in a cordless drill. I can do a thousand rounds of primer pocket crimp removal in a couple evenings of watching tv for an hour or so and spinning brass.. lol

Though I do use that RCBS hand tool to clean up the inside and outside of the case mouths as you work the brass.. another step you need to take..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom