• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    If you own a gun for emergency use, you might as well get some armor too. AR500 plates are cheap and have an indefinite shelf life. It's not difficult to keep them in your vehicle with a rifle, food, and water.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I didn't know what category to put this thread??

Other than law enforcement, security, military or training....why would someone want to buy a Bullet Proof Vest (Kevlar Flack Jacket etc)? Lately I've noticed a number of people selling or looking to buy them? Whats the fascination with them
    ?

If used properly, some of this stuff can help you survive being shot at.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Military Arms Channel reviewed some and it was something he felt everyone should have. In the 50's my uncle thought he needed a bomb shelter. At least body armor is cheaper.

I have a hard time envisioning these scenarios. I do not live in downtown Baltimore so Freddie Gray riots are not going to spill over to my little corner of AA co. It will have to be something bigger, huge, a civil war or an invasion. My house is built like most other houses, it is not a castle nor a pillbox. It cannot be defended for any length of time by my wife and myself against a large number of people intent to get inside. There is no need for me to have a hoard of self defense ammo and 3 months supply of food.

If we have to evacuate in a SHTF scenario, AA county to the Hilton in Columbia isn't going to be safe or far enough. We are going to have to live in the woods of Western Maryland for years or escape to the border of Canada or Mexico along with 150 million people with the same idea. You think you will find open gas stations, grocery stores, ATM's and pharmacies?

When the day of Mad Max is here, no one will mistake me for Max. I am already too old and too unhealthy to fight a guerrilla war, so no body armor for me. I will keep plenty of medicinal spirits, which can be enjoyed without Armageddon.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Better to have one and not need it than to need it and......

I sell armor to all sorts of buyers from all walks of life and in all professions.

It is usually less expensive than life insurance, and certainly more valuable to the wearer if push comes to shove.

What kind of prices would I be looking at for a vest that I could wear under a t-shirt and would be good to stop handgun rounds?

I would maybe consider wearing one when I am working shooting matches.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Like so many things, I suspect it's for when the fecal matter hits the air circulation device.

Now where did I put my tactical tomahawk...

I think Norton put it up on the top shelf next to the tactical ban hammer.. :runs away:

Lol

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What kind of prices would I be looking at for a vest that I could wear under a t-shirt and would be good to stop handgun rounds?

I would maybe consider wearing one when I am working shooting matches.

You want level IIIA at a minimum, that will stop most ordinary handguns.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    You want level IIIA at a minimum, that will stop most ordinary handguns.

They had some at the gun show this weekend but I didn't really pay them any mind.

I was talking with a friend earlier who lives in Arizona and he said the had a ND at their local match this last weekend. Kinda got me thinking.

Knock on wood, the only ND I ever experienced was RO'ing a stage at our state match a few years ago. Even though I was standing where I should have been there was no danger of being hit, it kinda caused a bit of a pucker factor.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They had some at the gun show this weekend but I didn't really pay them any mind.

I was talking with a friend earlier who lives in Arizona and he said the had a ND at their local match this last weekend. Kinda got me thinking.

Knock on wood, the only ND I ever experienced was RO'ing a stage at our state match a few years ago. Even though I was standing where I should have been there was no danger of being hit, it kinda caused a bit of a pucker factor.

The guys at the door at Nation's who check your weapon and zip tie the action wear ceramic plates for ND's.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    What are the laws in Maryland for a citizen to own a bullet proof vest to keep as a collectors item. You buy it and then you store it right in your gun safe.

Pretty sure, as long as you're not a felon or wearing it in the commission of a crime, it's perfectly legal to keep and bare wherever you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom