• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • big pimpin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore MD
    I can get a really good deal from a buddy in GA.on his Ruger LCP.....He switched to a different backup gun while on duty.

I'm trying to find the easiest way to get it up here and how to go about it thats cost effective and not painfull

I called Chesapeake Guns in Grasonville and they said they were to busy to deal with that and wouldn't help.....must be nice in these times..

Any help would be great...I live in Chester

Thanks

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Look in the industry partners section for a dealer near you.

Your buddy will have to send it (or have a GA dealer send it?) to a Maryland dealer. You go to the MD dealer and fill out all the paperwork and wait a week or so. Both dealers will need to be paid, if you need to use one on his end? you need to watch a video over the Internet and give the MD dealer that card to buy a handgun.

There is more to it, but that is the basics. Call a local dealer, some like to do it and some don't. The dealers that do all charge their own fee, ask about that too.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I called Chesapeake Guns in Grasonville and they said they were to busy to deal with that and wouldn't help.....must be nice in these times..

Thanks

Don't you love it?

It was just a nice way to tell you they aren't interested in your business.

If they have to do anything differently it's to send a copy of their FFL to another FFL if they wont accept a package from a private individual. I guess they had too many new pistols show up unannounced and without shell casings. LOL

There are more than enough good dealers that will help you out with that.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Find a dealer who will accept the transfer from a private individual so your buddy doesn't have to pay the GA dealer.
    Have him ship the gun.
    Go fill out the paperwork.
    If you are not current or former military, or law enforcement you will have to meet one of the accepted training requirements for purchasing a handgun in MD.
    You will need to bring one of the MD approved integrated locking devices with you or be prepared to buy one from the dealer. They typically cost $20 on top of the $10 for MSP and whatever the dealer charges as a transfer fee.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Corsica Coatings in Centerville is where you need to go. Joe is a great guy and an IP to boot. He'll help you get your gun up here and is pretty close to you. BTW, you're pretty lucky Chesapeake Guns didn't want to help you; they usually charge $100 to transfer a handgun. Joe is $35-$40 IIRC.

big pimpin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore MD
    Thanks everyone...I will call Corsica once I figure out if I have a buddy driving up soon from Savannah that will bring it...

GA laws are lax as he doesnt need crap to sell it to me other then handing me the papers he got....

I really could care less about it being registered here myself but if its mailed up I have no choice....

gun has less then 50 rounds thru it....$200.....

if the fee/transfer cost is 35-50$, its win/win for both us in my opinion....I know Chesapeake wanted about 400$ for a new one....funny thing about them is they were always really helpful in my prior dealings so I wonder what changed with the attitude.....

I was thinking about buying a Stoeger shotgun from them but with the attitude I got,I will prolly just spend the money elsewhere now...

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Tryin to pay for their new digs, I guess. I went in the old shop once and asked for a quote on ordering a new pistol for me. They were firm on full blown retail + tax. Tried once more months later on another gun figuring the first time must have been a fluke. Nope. Full blown retail + tax quote again. Walked out and never been back. Don't care to see the new shop either. Corsica will treat you right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom