• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    OK guys (and ladies! :) )
    I received my C&R a while back and just made my first online purchase (waiting for it to arrive). The guy I'm buying it from is having it shipped from his FFL. I have information from the seller and the FFL is including a copy of his FFL in the shipment to me...so I am covered regardless. But it raises a question: Who do I record in my bound book....the actual seller or the FFL? I presume since it shipped the sellers FFL I would record the info from the FFL in my bound book. Is this correct?

Thanks, in advance, for your insights!

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    If the FFL is shipping it to you and sent you their FFL info then it gets logged as a transfer from the FFL.

On his side he should be logging it in from the seller and out as a disposition to you in his bound book.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Who did you send your signed copy to?

FYI, I never bid on the gun until checking to see if the seller was OK with a C&R sale (it is definitely a C&R...not made since the 40's). Then after winning the bid (on Gunbroker), I sent the C&R and payment to the seller. He emailed a day after I mailed it off and said he was going to have his FFL ship the firearm as he felt it was safer than shipping it himself (makes some sense to me). He already had his FFL lined up to do shipping anyway if some other buyer's FFL had an issue providing a license to a private party. Anyway, he is giving my C&R to the FFL (who needs it for shipping), given me the FFLs info and stated the FFL would be including a copy of his 01 license with the shipment. So I presume that answers my own question.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Log it as received from the FFL01.

Yeah, guess if I thought it through, I could have answered my own question. Intially I had the seller provide his Driver's License info even before I sent anything in the mail (just an attempt to make sure I knew what I could about a seller before sending payment) and was expecting to log the info from that. However, his changing everything to a FFL threw me a bit.

Do any of you guys make notes on your signed C&R copies when you provide them? I hand printed a note on the bottom 'For purchase of xxxxx'. I've read about people printing File Copy on C&R copies provided to the large C&R companies. No one has taken issue with that. I just thought it might make it a bit less likely that someone could use it illicitly.

By the way, Dave91, love the Tok I got from you a while back. I was already considering obtaining my C&R when I met you and you helped firm up my decision. Hope you're doing well!

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Yeah, guess if I thought it through, I could have answered my own question. Intially I had the seller provide his Driver's License info even before I sent anything in the mail (just an attempt to make sure I knew what I could about a seller before sending payment) and was expecting to log the info from that. However, his changing everything to a FFL threw me a bit.

Do any of you guys make notes on your signed C&R copies when you provide them? I hand printed a note on the bottom 'For purchase of xxxxx'. I've read about people printing File Copy on C&R copies provided to the large C&R companies. No one has taken issue with that. I just thought it might make it a bit less likely that someone could use it illicitly.

By the way, Dave91, love the Tok I got from you a while back. I was already considering obtaining my C&R when I met you and you helped firm up my decision. Hope you're doing well!

Hey, I didn't check the username when I replied so I didn't realize it was you. I'm doing very well right now, thank you. Good to see you're doing well and that you ended up getting the FFL03. I'm glad I was able to help create another C&R addict.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Log the source that will enter a disposition on their end in the transaction, in this case the 01FFL

Writing file copy is fine I've also seen both that and the purchased item jotted by hand on the credential. I ussually scan my 03FFL into a PDF and send it by email that way.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If the FFL is shipping it to you and sent you their FFL info then it gets logged as a transfer from the FFL.

On his side he should be logging it in from the seller and out as a disposition to you in his bound book.

I agree. OP, as CYA, contact the 01FFL to verify they logged the original seller's info. Better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom