• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    So did this bill advance?

I called Frosh's office line (the number was on an NRA postcard I received) which went straight to voicemail...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    ...Were not in favor of over incarceration" from Baltimore mayors office.....LOL

STOP the revolving door dummy!

I am not in favor of over incarceration either.

However, as long as the justice system is a revolving door, we need to recognize the flip side: Street robberies, violence, beatings over bikes and cell phones. Anyone is a target.

ergo "self defense" is a right.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So did this bill advance?

I called Frosh's office line (the number was on an NRA postcard I received) which went straight to voicemail...

Frost has nothing to do with this as he's not in the MD legislature anymore. Call your Senator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Frost has nothing to do with this as he's not in the MD legislature anymore. Call your Senator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The phone number on the post card was wrong. Went to an administrative office. The recording of which mentions the frosh hole.......

But yes, do call and write. Especially if you didnt testify in person last night.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    *My Predictions*
    Even the sponsor of this admits it requires major rewriting. I doubt it will even be attempted for this specific Bill , with this bill number, * in the Senate * .

But remember , HB 0991 is the Companion Bill in the House . ( Official Companion Bill status , means word for word identical, so that each Chamber passes as written , no recioncilatin process required.)

I predict that instead of trying to resurect SB 1062 , the Baltimore Delegation is huddling to rewrite HB 991 into something more internally coherent , before the 3/6 House Judiciary Hearing.

If that rewritten Bill both : 1 Gets Favorable for HJC and 2. Passes House of Delegates in floor vote , then the Senate could pass the House Bill exactly as written ( as rewritten , probably would not go anywhere in orig form).

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    We have a new cat lady. I can't load the file to show the specific testimony. She said that we all work as a team in incrementally chipping away at the Maryland gun laws in order to weaken them and get what we want. She can't really be serious. FSA2013? I thought she was going to go off the deep end.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have no idea at present regarding any Delegates , but if I can squeeze any time in for office visits , that is a good subject to broadly broach in conversation.

Meanwhile though our good friend Senator Rameriz , currently running for PG States Attorney, had extensive conversations with witnesses on this.

Sen Rameriz was concerned that " Self Defense " was too vague , and would thereby be difficult for MSP to individually investigate each applicant's Self Defense requirements, to determine if they rose to level of G&S .

I had the impression Sen Rameriz didn't fully grasp the legislative intent of the Sponsor. Should I have the opportunity as one of the people whom he is courting for votes , I will ask him.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I watched all the firearm related bills last night. Some of the stupidity made my head hurt.

We tried to make it a drinking game one year, we never got past the first anti-bill before we all had to stop.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nope.

Sure it would be nice , but way down the list on Legislative priorities .

For that matter , changing the 29in to 26in for SBR wouldn't be the best approach. The approach with best chances would be along the lines of removing firearms under purview of NFA from the tests under FSA , under the guise that ATF already controls them to much stricter standards than MSP .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom