• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I see no mention of liability coverage on their web site.

Am I reading this correctly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hotdog

Dec 8, 2014
    Harford County
    I will just use my right judgment that I learned from 16 hours training to avoid a huge liabilities. Avoid 3 stupid things: stupid situation, stupid places and stupid people while carrying. :innocent0

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Standard for me. I have a separate umbrella liability through my car insurance

Thanks . I have umbrella policy too.. but need to check on the details on it.

I guess. It's better to have one even it's minimum coverage than non..

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I signed up with CCWSafe today. I called because I had questions but no one was available and they sent me to a VM.

I decided to use their chat feature and asked to chat with a human. A real person came in right away and answered all my questions.

One question I asked was is it easy to add add-ons at a later date, change plans, etc and they said it’s no problem to mod at anytime. I don’t see a way to do that on my account so maybe you have to call.

Anyway, I went with Defender with no add-ons for now. I wanted to get something going and think about what I might want to add.

I also have an umbrella policy and asked for a copy of the details but I haven’t looked closely yet. After a quick scan, I didn’t see anything that said self defense or similar was or wasn’t covered so I assume if not called out as not covered in the civil suite section, it’s covered. Maybe a bad assumption.

I asked CCWSafe about it before I got the umbrella policy emailed to me and they said they could see why I might not need that add on if already covered, so that was cool. But they did say they will cover a civil suit even if found guilty which I’m almost certain insurance companies will not. He basically said that unless it’s like premeditated murder or something like that, they won’t abandon you.

After the chat session they emailed a copy of what was discussed.

I went with CCWSafe based on recommendations here, reading other articles and opinions, what they offer. And honestly, I was immediately turned off by the USCCA website. It’s like receiving NRA emails asking for money in tone. I don’t need the drama and constant references to their great training info.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    So I went back to figure out how to add add-ons. If you go to the main page and select plans, then your current plan, it says existing plan. So looks like you then just check off what you want to add and go through checkout like when you first signup.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Regarding spouse, this is where you need to understand your scenario and do the cost analysis. For me, my wife is happy to defend the homestead but has no interest in carrying outside the home. So that plays into what coverage I think we need.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Regarding spouse, this is where you need to understand your scenario and do the cost analysis. For me, my wife is happy to defend the homestead but has no interest in carrying outside the home. So that plays into what coverage I think we need.
    The added coverage for the missus is added protection.. (thinking if she used the gun for protection inside the home) she doesn't have a permit.... is a plus.. or at least legal expenses part that is.

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    I got a pool this year and looked into an umbrella policy and my agent with Erie worked out the numbers and increasing my homeowners to 1 million was cheaper then adding an umbrella because my youngest is still on my auto policy but more importantly she researched and verified an umbrella policy did not have any language regarding a self defense incident in the home. And if it is not in the policy language they most likely ain't covering it. She had a policy with I think US Lawshield for herself and recommended I research a few of the companies and pick the one best suited for me. I've been going back and forth and think CCW Safe may be who I go with.

On another note, I took my kids to a concert at the Inner Habor last night around 8pm and had a nice interaction with a squeegee boy on President St. He approached my left front part of my car at a red light and I shook my head no as all the windows were up. He banged on my hood as he walked in front to get to other cars in next lane over, telling me F-you and what not. He really started flipping out on a car in the next lane, cursing and hitting the car with his squeegee. The light turned green pretty quick but it was an unsettling few seconds. This shit is out of control. I don't understand why anyone would give any of them the time of day, let alone money.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Maybe someday soon someone will give them lead instead.

That might send a message do the dindonuffins

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom