• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I buy all my primers from Cyde's in Lansdowne. They aren't the cheapest but they are under 30$ per 1k and I like supporting the local shops.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Isn't it normally $25.00?
    I'm sure it still is.
    So that's $100 for a sleeve, $25 hazmat and probably $10 shipping=$135 to your door.
    Throw a 2nd sleeve and some powder on the same hazmat fee and you have a good deal.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    I've never ordered from that place, but won't they charge you a separate Hazmat for the powder if you order it with the primers?

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    It states on the Cabela's page that UPS assesses $20 HAZMAT fee per order. "Buying in bulk can save you money since you will be charged the same $20 fee for 1 ld. of powder as you will be charged for a larger quantity." See the last line under WARNING in yellow at the link provided in the first posting of this thread.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    It states on the Cabela's page that UPS assesses $20 HAZMAT fee per order. "Buying in bulk can save you money since you will be charged the same $20 fee for 1 ld. of powder as you will be charged for a larger quantity." See the last line under WARNING in yellow at the link provided in the first posting of this thread.

Am I missing something?
    Does this have bearing on ordering primers and powder together?

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Am I missing something?
    Does this have bearing on ordering primers and powder together?
    I believe that anything that is considered Hazardous Material (Flammable/Explosive/Corrosive) will be assessed fee by the carrier.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I believe that anything that is considered Hazardous Material (Flammable/Explosive/Corrosive) will be assessed fee by the carrier.

PLS look at post #7 and let me know if I am missing something.
    Is it a $20.00 fee instead of a $25.00 fee you are questioning?

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    PLS look at post #7 and let me know if I am missing something.
    Is it a $20.00 fee instead of a $25.00 fee you are questioning?
    $20 one time fee mix and match as much as you want the $20 Hazmat is one time per order. I am on the mailing list and usually wait till I'm low and order when they have a Sale. Spread the fee over 5000 Primers and 3 lbs of Powder and the savings, even considering Hazmat and Shipping, is way greater than buying local.

Remember not buying local you are also saving a Double Hit on Md. Tax (Your Sales Tax and the Dealers Tax he had to pay, that also gets added into the final price)

I'm all for supporting Local Dealers but I'm not in the Charity business, If money is to be saved, I'll keep the $50 Bucks in my pocket.

No offense to the local Dealers but when I can get a better selection and price "On Line" I would be a fool to pass it up. I spend thousands of $'s locally each year but a deal is a deal.

Attached Hazmat Notice from Dealer;
    _______________________________________________________________________________

WARNING: *Primers, Smokeless Powder, Pyrodex®, Triple Se7en®, Black Msg 3® and American Pioneer”” may only be purchased by adults. Check your local and state laws for the legality of ordering and possessing these products.
    Primers and Smokeless Powder are restricted in Washington D.C. For safety reasons we do not accept returns on these products. Due to special shipping requirements for these products, UPS assesses an additional $20 Hazardous Material Handling charge PER ORDER *of these products. Buying in bulk can save you money since you will be charged the same $20 fee for 1 lb. Of powder as you will be charged for a larger quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom