• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Void

Apr 11, 2024
    Westminster
    Me and my relative both submitted our ccw applications and were approved on 4/11/24. I Have been keeping up with the application tracking thread and have noticed others who were approved at the same time as us, and even later getting their ccw cards delivered in the mail. At this point im pretty confident usps lost our mail. considering calling msp licensing and requesting an in person pickup. Has anybody else experienced delayed deliveries for their ccw cards?

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    USPS lost mine a couple years ago.
    I filed a claim and notified the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
    I was told by both that I had to waif 60 days to see if it showed up.
    After the 60 days the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services issued a new card. I received that one.

What really amazed me was that the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services didn’t really care that there was a CCW somewhere with my picture and information on it.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Me and my relative both submitted our ccw applications and were approved on 4/11/24. I Have been keeping up with the application tracking thread and have noticed others who were approved at the same time as us, and even later getting their ccw cards delivered in the mail. At this point im pretty confident usps lost our mail. considering calling msp licensing and requesting an in person pickup. Has anybody else experienced delayed deliveries for their ccw cards?
    I experience delays on EVERYTHING that comes thru the US Postal Service. My parents live 6 miles from me in Westminster, around Christmas 2022 Mom mailed me Christmas cards in early November and I got them in late March 2023. This is just one example of dozens. I refuse to mail anything out from Hampstead, and beg everyone and anyone that might be sending me anything important to NOT use the USPS.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I experience delays on EVERYTHING that comes thru the US Postal Service. My parents live 6 miles from me in Westminster, around Christmas 2022 Mom mailed me Christmas cards in early November and I got them in late March 2023. This is just one example of dozens. I refuse to mail anything out from Hampstead, and beg everyone and anyone that might be sending me anything important to NOT use the USPS.
    It's not Hampstead that is the problem. I am pretty sure that someone in my PO @ Manchester told me that all mail except local Manch to Manch goes to and thru the main Balto. office before heading to the final destination.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    It's not Hampstead that is the problem. I am pretty sure that someone in my PO @ Manchester told me that all mail except local Manch to Manch goes to and thru the main Balto. office before heading to the final destination.
    EVERYTHING in central MD goes through the main sorting center Downtown (reliable info from a Postmaster) they have a standing rule that ALL mail must be processed and out the door EACH DAY.....the problem is, they don't say it needs to go to the correct PO....So it ALL goes out the door SOMEWHERE....My friend stated he returns several baskets to Baltimore DAILY to be re-sorted and routed...

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Wont help in this instance, but sign up for "Informed Delivery" at USPS.com and you will get scans of your mail that is supposed to be delivered to your address that day.
    Yes and no. Read the bottom of your informed delivery scan. It will tell you the piece may take 3-7 days. It depends on what plant took the picture and what the next plant is before your Carrier.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    AGAIN...there are at least two threads dedicated to this specific subject.
    GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS FORUM and please look for the appropriate place.
    Try looking under TOPICS OF INTEREST please.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    GET THE HELL OUT OF THE COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS FORUM and please look for the appropriate place.
    Is that a comment or a suggestion?

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

Yikes. Did he eat your wheaties this morning?

Why so aggressive and why treat a newcomer this way?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Wont help in this instance, but sign up for "Informed Delivery" at USPS.com and you will get scans of your mail that is supposed to be delivered to your address that day.
    My informed delivery emails are pretty much spot on.
    I had a signature delivery letter arrive 2 weeks after mailing recently and it was mailed from just 10 miles away. I routinely get mail weeks later than it should.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    hmmmm....you also offered the following:

"Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be banned from thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles."
    F.M. Dostoevsky

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Bes
    Is that a comment or a suggestion?

Yikes. Did he eat your wheaties this morning?

Why so aggressive and why treat a newcomer this way?
    Aside from being a grumpy old man, I truly am tired of all the newbies that seem to be too damn lazy to at least browse the list of sub-forum topics and subjects.
    Somebody took the time to create all the sub-forums / topics, so why not comply with them.
    /rant over/
    PS: suggestion, not comment.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    hmmmm....you also offered the following:

"Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be banned from thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles."
    F.M. Dostoevsky
    Exactly my point. We've become too tolerant of people not looking/searching for an appropriate sub-forum just so we don't offend anyone.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Bes

Aside from being a grumpy old man, I truly am tired of all the newbies that seem to be too damn lazy to at least browse the list of sub-forum topics and subjects.
    Somebody took the time to create all the sub-forums / topics, so why not comply with them.
    /rant over/
    PS: suggestion, not comment.
    As one grumpy old man to another, sound enough reasoning to me.

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Yes and no. Read the bottom of your informed delivery scan. It will tell you the piece may take 3-7 days. It depends on what plant took the picture and what the next plant is before your Carrier.
    Maybe you missed the "Supposed" in my post. For personal reference though I have had in excess of 90% delivered on the date listed. In this instance if the photo has not shown the CCW then it is likely not the PO fault for non delivery

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom