• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    Is it possible/legal to change a revolvers caliber? I have an old British Bulldog I'd like to convert to rimfire

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Perfectly legal. The issue is usually conversion cost. Could exceed the revolver's value. What is it chambered for now? What rimfire caliber do you want to change to? Is it a black powder gun? If it is, converting it will still leave it as black powder, meaning no similar-caliber modern smokeless ammo at standard pressure.

monsternav

May 20, 2005
    St Marys/Kuwait
    I don't frequent this part of the forum too much, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

1. It may cost more to convert than buying a new rimfire revolver, unless there are conversion kits and/or a well know process to do the conversion.

2. Some of those old "junk" guns can be worth money in unmolested condition. Post some pics of it in the C&R forum and see what it is. You never know.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    I keep forgetting to take a photo of mine, but here's an identical one. I know it's not very valuable, but I love it and would want to shoot it often, so to me, depending on the cost, could be worth the conversion to me.

Anyone know a gunsmith that does this kind of work?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I know the expression is "anything is possable" , but this situation is straining it.
    It's doubtful there are any living 'smiths on this continent with experience in extensive custon work on solid frame Webleys . ( And that's even assuming the gun in question actually IS a Webley , and not a ubitiquos Belgin knockoff.)

If it's what I'm thinking , there weren't any origional rimfires to canabilive for parts , so key components would have to be designed , and made from raw stock.

If you could find anyone to take this on , it would run into the price range of a decent used car.

For less than that you could get a lifetime supply of ammo for origional cal , plus several modern-ish rimfires.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    It's a Belgian British Bulldog.
    I wouldn't think it would be difficult, cylinder and barrel work..but no gun smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom