• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This is what I find interesting:

...I would like to see this tree. It must have been pretty big, otherwise he could have probably at least wounded/disabled him, with FMJ 5.56 ammo.

The History Channel iirc did a comparison of the AR and AK. They demo'd them both shooting through a tree trunk on an indoor range. The tree stopped the AR .223 rounds but not the 7,62x39 ones.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    The History Channel iirc did a comparison of the AR and AK. They demo'd them both shooting through a tree trunk on an indoor range. The tree stopped the AR .223 rounds but not the 7,62x39 ones.

You're marshing my mallow....

Sorry I saw your subnick and it's all I could think of :lol2:

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    But, there'd be little point in having an AR-15 in 9mm, since they already have a handgun that's already that powerful - or more.

Maybe some of our LEO's can chime in - what ammo are you expected to use, in your duty AR-15's? Are you given any flexibility, at all, in choosing your ammo?

i'm sure they use 556. wasnt sure if it was softball or fmj?:sad20: sry i meant they downsized from .45 to 9mm do to pass thru. just wasnt sure what type of ammo in the AR's

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Did they specify what kinds of rounds were used?

A soft point .223 isn't going to penetrate like a 5.56, M193 or M855 round.

Maybe police should trade in their 5.56 rifles for .308's, if they can't "reach out and touch" someone behind a tree.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    What a horrible situation, too bad some idiots just can't control their tempers and get along with their neighbors.
    But I thought when citizens use guns to protect themselves or others, they will only hit innocent bystanders in the crossfire and the police will mistake them for being a bad guy and shoot them...

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    That he made 165-yard shots with a .357 magnum, while excellent shooting under stress, isn't what impresses me. By employing proper marksmanship fundamentals, anybody could make those shots if they knew where to hold...

...what blows me away is that he was able to deliver accurate fire from the first round on a cold barrel, over that distance, with the elevation delta. That is what I call proficiency at arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom