• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Stopped in Wal-Mart for something and checked their ammo display. The had Federal 9BP 115 grain JHPs in stock. The load is not one of the super duper +P rounds nor ultra modern but it had done the job. $16 a box of 50. They had at least 20 boxes.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    ditto for walmart in leesburg, va, was surprised to see this and price seems pretty good. but my HD stuff is 357 sig or 40 (gasp) or 10mm.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I picked up a box of these here in Glen Burnie. They seem similar to the WWB Personal Defense ammo they sell from time to time.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Ordinance Road had these?

Picked up a few boxes at the Severn Walmart. They had plenty left.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348790257.649183.jpg

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Wal Mart in Westminster had (may still have) Federal .45 in 100 round boxes for $29.99. I had to liberate a few boxes.

I learned today the Walmart in Laurel Doesn't sell any Ammo or rifles any more. According the sales person PG county changed the zone info.

Thanks
    Robert

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I learned today the Walmart in Laurel Doesn't sell any Ammo or rifles any more. According the sales person PG county changed the zone info.

Thanks
    Robert

It is a retail store, must be in a commercial area, right? Zoned for retail sales, right? If this is true, is this a violation of the state preemption law?

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    It is a retail store, must be in a commercial area, right? Zoned for retail sales, right? If this is true, is this a violation of the state preemption law?

I have no idea. Walmart use to sell and still sales in other area so there is some reason they stopped selling them.

Thanks
    Robert

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I have no idea. Walmart use to sell and still sales in other area so there is some reason they stopped selling them.

Thanks
    Robert

They had issues in CA with paperwork. Rather than having legal issues, pull guns. In MD I think some stores stopped because some customers didn't like guns in the store.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    They had issues in CA with paperwork. Rather than having legal issues, pull guns. In MD I think some stores stopped because some customers didn't like guns in the store.

CA makes since. But I am a little surprised in Maryland. It isn't something that the store manager could do without getting an OK from corp.

Thanks
    Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom