• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    My collection is complete. Picked up my new Colt 6940 Anodized FDE today, it matches my 6920 Anodized FDE. :party29: Why have one, when you can have a set? And I put some cash down on a Arsenal SLR-101S... it looked lonely and needed a home, so I adopted it. :sad20:

6920_6940FDE.jpeg

COLTFDE6920_6940.jpeg

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    whats the difference between them?i see diff gas blocks and setups. i never understood colts numbering system.

Same basic specs as the 6920, 16.1" barrel, 1-7" twist, etc. The main difference is the use of a one piece monolithic upper receiver and folding front sight on the 6940. They also make a 6940p piston model. The 6720s are lightweight 1-7" twist barrels and the 6721s are heavy 1-9" twist barrels. The match rifles use the MT designations.

I bought the 6940 to have the set, both FDE models are limited edition. Also, I plan on mounting a 1-4x24 or ACOG on the 6940.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Same basic specs as the 6920, 16.1" barrel, 1-7" twist, etc. The main difference is the use of a one piece monolithic upper receiver and folding front sight on the 6940. They also make a 6940p piston model. The 6720s are lightweight 1-7" twist barrels and the 6721s are heavy 1-9" twist barrels. The match rifles use the MT designations.

I bought the 6940 to have the set, both FDE models are limited edition. Also, I plan on mounting a 1-4x24 or ACOG on the 6940.

GOTCHA! well damn fine purchases you have there sir. im sure they will suit you well for MANY years. i really am falling in love with that finish or color or whatever.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Very nice, I picked up my new M&P 9 range kit today right after you left. First pistol for me, shouldn't be the last. Thanks guys, you do a great job there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      43.4 KB · Views: 615

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    GOTCHA! well damn fine purchases you have there sir. im sure they will suit you well for MANY years. i really am falling in love with that finish or color or whatever.

Very nice!!!! I love that finish!

I'm pretty sure these are the only ones available in Anodized FDE. Other companies like SIG are using Cerakote for their FDE finish. They also had the 6920s in Anodized OD Green.

Very nice, I picked up my new M&P 9 range kit today right after you left. First pistol for me, shouldn't be the last. Thanks guys, you do a great job there.

Those seem to be pretty popular, I know my buddy likes his M&P a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom