• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I'll be getting a stainless Series 70 in the next few weeks. I've always wanted another stainless 1911 and since General Hummel carried a Series 80 in The Rock...I've always wanted one, just a 70 instead. I don't plan to really mess with it at all with the exception of some night sights.

Looking for some suggestions on some low profile night sights which will not look goofy on a "government looking" 1911. No adjustable competition sights! I can't stand those things. Been looking at the Trijicons, I like them on my other handguns but curious to hear what all of you guys use on your 1911s.

Also, for those of you with a series 70, what mags do they like?

Thanks!

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I left the stock sights on mine so no input from on that point! Chip McCormick mags work great in mine.

I have this one

image.jpeg

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'll be getting a stainless Series 70 in the next few weeks. I've always wanted another stainless 1911 and since General Hummel carried a Series 80 in The Rock...I've always wanted one, just a 70 instead. I don't plan to really mess with it at all with the exception of some night sights.

Looking for some suggestions on some low profile night sights which will not look goofy on a "government looking" 1911. No adjustable competition sights! I can't stand those things. Been looking at the Trijicons, I like them on my other handguns but curious to hear what all of you guys use on your 1911s.

Also, for those of you with a series 70, what mags do they like?

Thanks!

My MK IV is a series 70. Novak sights with Colt and Ruger SR1911 mags work great.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have a Series 80 MK IV Combat Commander. C-More sight on the rear and what is left of a fiber optic on the front. The fiber optic rod fell out and I never replaced it. I shoot better without it than I did with it.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I have a Series 80 MK IV Combat Commander. C-More sight on the rear and what is left of a fiber optic on the front. The fiber optic rod fell out and I never replaced it. I shoot better without it than I did with it.

Thanks! I'll google those sights too. Im making a list of all the suggestions so I can do some homework.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Defensive ammo should be fine.

My Mark IV Series 70 needed some throat and ramp work to feed LSWC reliably. My Series 70 Gold Cup fed LSWC fine out of the box.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Thanks,

I'm thinking of a Dan Wesson. Very good review.

Good link. I have a DW VBob and really like it. BBP carries them and also now carries the STI line. Should money magically appear in my bank account an STI is on my short list. They basically come competition ready in the Spartan line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom