• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    Having decided to enter the 21st century, I am going to build my AR-15. Is it true that a complete lower cannot be shipped into Maryland, even to a dealer, or is that bunk? I know what I want but am told it can't be shipped here. I thought I could just work through one of our industry partners. Any info or advice?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I would love to know who told the OP such garbage.

BTW, why is this in the NFA section? A lower isn't NFA. You just have to fill out the 77R form as well as the 4473, just like buying a handgun or other regulated longarm.

May I suggest that you contact some of the IP's and see what they have in stock. Some will have complete lowers in stock.

Last edited:

Cordite

Mar 28, 2009
    Timoniumland
    I put it here because I didn't know where else to put it. The Bravo Company has complete lowers with cosmetic blemish on it for reduced prices. If you clock on the order form link for them, it says on the form that they cannot ship to: CA; MA, MD; NY or NJ.

Thanks for the info, gents.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    They may be one of those online dealers that think they cannot send to MD. You could call and try and have a logical discussion with them, but be prepared if they stand tough. Then just deal with a Industry Partner with the same specs and see how that goes.

ETA: "can not" may mean "will not".

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    BCM will send to MD, they've done so in the past, their form just hasn't been updated. If you want to order a complete BCM lower from elsewhere try here at g&r tactical, they have both blemish and non-blemish BCM lowers. They'll ship to MD as well.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    +1 for ordering a BCM complete lower from G&R. I just did that, and I'm now waiting the 7 days. G&R shipped fast, like next day. I also paid for rush shipping for an extra $30. Couldn't be easier.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I would love to know who told the OP such garbage.

BTW, why is this in the NFA section? A lower isn't NFA. You just have to fill out the 77R form as well as the 4473, just like buying a handgun or other regulated longarm.

May I suggest that you contact some of the IP's and see what they have in stock. Some will have complete lowers in stock.

If you read the law, the lower isn't even regulated... only pistols and assault rifles on the list are... receivers are neither assault rifles nor are they pistols.

Still, you won't find an FFL in this state who will transfer it without the 77R for obvious reasons... Fear of the bureaucracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom