• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    A little levity here...

I was told by someone (yes, I know...) that he heard on a middle-of-the-night talk show that: shooters in Maryland must collect their spent cartridges when at a shooting range and must turn them in to the State Police.

[pause for head-shaking...]

Under the (probably erroneous) assumption that this insomniac was awake and that he heard this correctly, I can only conclude that this is total BS.

On the other hand, one never knows what evil/stupidity lurks in the hearts and (miniscule) minds of the denizens of the Merlin General Asylum.

Could be another ploy to increase funding for the MSP...gotta buy trucks (and hire and train staff...or issue a gummint contract) to make all the rounds to all the ranges to make sure that the shooters don't collect their own brass, and collect it as a convenience to the shooters. Trucks could also be used as paddy wagons to cart away shooters who refuse to comply.

Or...they could go door-to-door (selectively, based on gun registration data) and confiscate the brass (but surely not the guns...).

Maybe there is a Reloaders Club at MSP...

[returning to reality...]

Seriously...anyone else hear this?? :tinfoil:

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Once they register ammo this will be the only way to prove that your registered ammo was fired and not straw purchased for criminals. it would also prevent it being illegally reloaded.

Diamonddoug

Feb 2, 2013
    Jackson County TN
    I think they were talking about the fact that MD collects a spent casing for Gun fingerprinting at time of sale, this has not worked, there is no means to oversee it, it is not funded but it id still required. Sen Jacobs tried to get this stopped but there was no common sense last night

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    I just want to put it out there that I am an authorized brass collection outlet for the state of Maryland. PM me if you have any spent cartridges. :D

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    I think they were talking about the fact that MD collects a spent casing for Gun fingerprinting at time of sale, this has not worked, there is no means to oversee it, it is not funded but it id still required. Sen Jacobs tried to get this stopped but there was no common sense last night

Lol. Always wondered why there was an empty casing inside the case.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    NO, It is true. Whenever you fire a gun in Maryland you must collect all the empty brass and deliver it to MSP with a Blood sample, Urine Sample and a DNA sample. The you need to get fingerprinted and have your Photo taken.
    I know, I read it on the Internet!

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va

I was told by someone i know at MSP that all the spend shell casings required by law get thrown in a barrel and never logged in

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Can we have a new forum just for threads that start with the premise of "I heard from a neighbor's buddy who is a cop"?

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    If they ever do come out with that encoded ammo crap I will be picking my stuff up at the range. Someone picks up one of your empty cases that is encoded and registered to you, reloads it and then shoots somebody, you are in deep doo-doo. Even worse if it has your fingerprints still on it.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    If they ever do come out with that encoded ammo crap I will be picking my stuff up at the range. Someone picks up one of your empty cases that is encoded and registered to you, reloads it and then shoots somebody, you are in deep doo-doo. Even worse if it has your fingerprints still on it.

That was a main argument against the serialized ammo bill from a few years ago IIRC.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Once they register ammo this will be the only way to prove that your registered ammo was fired and not straw purchased for criminals. it would also prevent it being illegally reloaded.

I can't believe the anti's haven't gone after reloading equipment. Or maybe they are too stupid to know that people can reload?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom