• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I live in the country and would not do without a cat! We had three and are down to one and told the wife to get a spare, ASAP, and she has not done so. We have not had a mouse in the house in 16 years since having cats we allow outside also. Indoor cats are useless for controlling mice. Once they mice get inside there is too much for them to hide in and avoid the cats.

Long ago, I lived in a house in Old East Dallas that had rats. They drove me nuts. I used to shoot at them with .22 shorts out of my Marlin 39A - never could hit them on the run. I trapped a bunch in various traps, including a Victor muskrat trap I happened to have. That was a leg hold trap, and I would finish them off with the Marlin.

One day I brought home a stray cat from work, and the rats disappeared instantly.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    When you catch the mice, rub their noses in their pee so they won't do it again

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I'll give you a serious answer. If it is only on the outside you could try Never Dull or Brasso polish or Fitz. I load the .45-70 also. I know how expensive that brass is. Each time I load my shells. I deprime, process and sonic clean then tumble polish with walnut media and polishing liquid mixed in the media. The brass always looks better than new. Smooth and shiny.

Last edited:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Speaking of Mouse Urine.

I have a New Holland LX 985 Skid Steer. The dash which is up above one's head in the front portion of the cab roof. The dash/gauges developed odd operation and is discontinued. The skuttlebutt is they made 2 versions. One with Silver markings, one with Gold. The Silver marked ones supposedly were not sealed and they were prone to mouse pee causing symptoms like I have from nesting and peeing up there. The urine causes corrosion and damage to the PCB traces and is non repairable I hear. Although I ran across a guy in PA who will sell refurbed units at about $900+ per. If you choose to put a newer version out of a 185 190 etc, there is a slight difference in function of the newer machines vs the older versions like I have. I think I heard that the new version requires a button to be pushed in order to unlock the foot pedal/boom arm/ bucket tilt feature, and/or the forward/back motions of the hand controls for the forward/ back of the machine.

I am still trying to diagnose the issue if it is mice or something else related.

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    Mouse piss is amazingly corrosive. I have had to replace small engine wiring and parts because of it. I never underestimate the damage it can do. As soon as I find a nest in equipment I get rid of it and start checking the wiring, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom