• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Called today to try and figure out what's the hold up. Mine is still pending from when the check was cashed on 5/17. A few more days and it will be 8 months from the check cashed day.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'm in the same boat 1 check cashed 5/4, 3 on 5/5, 2 that were 5/6 another around 5/16. I also mailed in a form 1 on 7/3. Just sitting back and wait til I get the calls.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    F me. Not making me feel warm and fuzzy about my July submission :facepalm:

Not to make you feel worse, but I was just thinking about my stamps again.

I remembered Silencer Shop posting a picture of a literal pickup truck full of Form 4s that they shipped off to ATF at the beginning of July. It was $2,000,000 worth of stamps, all at once. That's ten thousand Form 4s.

They posted the picture of the truck heading to the post office on July 12th. I think anyone after that is probably a little ****ed. :P

My checks (two of them) were cashed just before that. I have my fingers crossed that I make it in under the wire before they start on that particular massive pile of forms.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

I remembered Silencer Shop posting a picture of a literal pickup truck full of Form 4s that they shipped off to ATF at the beginning of July. It was $2,000,000 worth of stamps, all at once. That's ten thousand Form 4s.

They posted the picture of the truck heading to the post office on July 12th. I think anyone after that is probably a little ****ed. :P

My checks (two of them) were cashed just before that. I have my fingers crossed that I make it in under the wire before they start on that particular massive pile of forms.
    Mine was submitted 7/7 so idk if it'd be in that truckload or not. I saw it too :(

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    I'm in the same boat 1 check cashed 5/4, 3 on 5/5, 2 that were 5/6 another around 5/16. I also mailed in a form 1 on 7/3. Just sitting back and wait til I get the calls.

You should be any day now then. Mine that cashed 5/2 was approved 12/20 and Engage got the stamp last week.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    You should be any day now then. Mine that cashed 5/2 was approved 12/20 and Engage got the stamp last week.

"should" being the operative word. We all know there is no rhyme or reason to the atf. He could just as easily be waiting another 6 weeks. :sad20:

keep :fingerscrossed: that it is actually coming soon though. ;)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I talked about this in another thread I believe. I was told 8-10 months for form 1s. I can't speak for Form 4's. Seems like they're pretty busy.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I talked about this in another thread I believe. I was told 8-10 months for form 1s. I can't speak for Form 4's. Seems like they're pretty busy.

there are varying factors, but from what I personally know E-file F1s are around the 6+ month mark and 4s were around the 8 month mark...

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    On ARF someone went pending at 5/5/16 and approved 1/3/17. Still waiting for the stamp to show up.

...I have 5/9 pending, so I am hoping the stamp shows up soon.

6/12 pending I am hoping before the end of Feb.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    They usually call you the day they receive the stamp. It's taking longer than people think.

Yea I figured. I like to check in once in awhile and see what kind of return he is seeing.

I usually email my dealer once week when the date gets really close to 8 months. But I've also gotten 3 suppressor from him lol.

Past the 8 month mark a week ago. Last time I emailed my one dealer it was back in November. Checking here and nfatracker, i am thinking probably anywhere from now till early Feb. My other form 4 went through a different dealer and I havent even sent him an email yet. I figured that one probably wont be back till sometime in March.

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    More details:

SpectreII suppressor
    Check cashed 5/3/16
    Approved 12/29/15
    Stamp at ffl 1/6

Hey wait a minute there.
    That's less than 8 months from check cashed to approval. Nice!!!

(obvious typo on approval year noted)

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016

What wasn't pictured was the truck arriving at the actual post office. After taking the freeway at 70 mph, more than half the envelopes flew out the truck bed. So only about a thousand submissions made it in that day. It's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom