• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Please keep us updated on the new triggers. I do like mine. And wouldn't have bought it if I didn't see the value and quality in it. So I'm not throwing in the towel on it. Just feel a enhancement would greatly improve on a already nice platform.

Sure thing.
    It's a nice platform and CZ doesn't make junk. This gun wasn't meant for civilians but here we are with a civilian version that just needs a few badly needed enhancements.
    I really need this extended charging handle and I'm happy this will be available shortly.

MA-14700%20Scorpioin%20EVO%20charging%20handle%20FIXED%20080615.18.jpg

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    The gun is not perfect ergonomically out of the box which is a blessing in disguise because it can now be made with so many options to address it's shortcomings and make it better as we have seen with this safety. The gun mechanically is perfect in operation and reliability. It looks like CZ has taken a page from the UMP and chambered it in 9mm.

This 100%!

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    Just one more option that's coming out in two weeks. I have no problem with the factory grip but it could be better.

http://www.yetiwurks.com/

$60 for a grip?! No thanks. They look good and I'm sure the guy has to get over some startup and design costs, but the CZ grip isn't SO bad that I would spend $60 on something printed on a 3d printer. That said I am glad he's catering to the market's need and shooters' desires.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I don't have big problem with the 3-D printed part because it's going to be printed with nylon which is very durable. The reason why Im interested is primarily because I have big hands, not fat but long fingers. I need a grip that has palm swell to take up some of the slack so that the pulp of my finger rest comfortably on the trigger. That's why am interested in the Everest grip.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    $60 is very steep for a hand grip. That being said, it gives you another option for a 922 compliant part if you wanted to SBR your Scorpion.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Nice isn't it when one index finger can controls three actions.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    Like Stoveman I too installed mine (finally) and really like it. THe selector is made of aluminum and nicely anodized and finished. I like that in the down (safe) position it sits parallel to the trigger guard as seen in the pics. Very easy to install (I'm not very handy).
    Very nice buy.

new%20safety%203_zpsogko5kvp.jpg

new%20safety%202_zpsn2dhyq3a.jpg

new%20safety%201_zpsyuhb588n.jpg

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    I also installed the Parker Mountain Machine QD attachments that Dev recommended earlier in this thread. I will post pics separately in another thread.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Good to hear your success with the safety. I went shooting today in WV and had a blast shooting a verity of steel targets. The gun is very easy to transition.
    This is one of those guns that is fun to shoot.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Finally got out to shoot mine after the switch uh, switch. ;)

Night and day and what a blast to shoot.

The RSO at AGC came over and asked what kind of Buck Rogers thingamabob is that and could he hold it? :lol2:

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    It's probably one of the more fascinating guns of this year. If you want a conversational piece this is the gun.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I installed the new Yetiworks grip and I like it. I wouldn't have guessed how bad the old grip was because it felt ok but this new grip made me realize the grip angle was all wrong.
    The gun feels more positive and natural.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I installed the new Yetiworks grip and I like it. I wouldn't have guessed how bad the old grip was because it felt ok but this new grip made me realize the grip angle was all wrong.
    The gun feels more positive and natural.

Can you post a pic

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Can you post a pic

It's better to check the link that BigDaddy posted. It would be a better representation. The new grip transforms the Scorpion into machine pistol rather then a carbine. It makes me wonder why CZ chose an aggressive angle for the stock grip.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The new grip transforms the Scorpion into machine pistol rather then a carbine. It makes me wonder why CZ chose an aggressive angle for the stock grip.

You answered your own question. It was designed as a carbine for the Czech military. The pistol version is just a temporary US solution until you properly re-SBR it:D

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I can't wait to pick my Scorpion up tomorrow. I got all of my extra parts in the mail and they are waiting to be put on their host. Is there anything that I missed or you would recommend?

Micro red dot
    Yeti grip
    Safety delete switch
    buffer tube adapter
    shockwave blade for arm support

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye