• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I cant find these grips in black anywhere. Please help if you can. They almost look like the grips that come on the new version 97's. Tnx!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 202

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Not relevant to your question, but on the various CZ forums, the diamondbacks and the frags come up for resale frequently. They never say why in the ads, but there must be something unique in how they feel.

I have not tried either, but there is a substantial difference in feel between aluminum and the black plastic/rubber? grips

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Not relevant to your question, but on the various CZ forums, the diamondbacks and the frags come up for resale frequently. They never say why in the ads, but there must be something unique in how they feel.

I have not tried either, but there is a substantial difference in feel between aluminum and the black plastic/rubber? grips

Yes. I find the thin aluminum CZC grips to fit my hand better as far as reaching controls without breaking my grip versus the stock rubber, but more prone to slip because there's just some skate tape and no checkering (flat anodized aluminum surface is 70% of the grip face). These CZUB checkered grips appear to solve the problem of grip size and slippage.

From what I've seen the aluminum grips are less hand filling as far as their curviness/swell size versus the stock rubber. They're available in wide and thin, so the grip size can be changed, but you lose the curvature present in the stock grip. That may be more or less comfortable for you; comfort isn't huge for me (favorite pistol is a USP), but I need to be able to manipulate controls without breaking my grip. This is somewhat hypocritical of me since I don't like GLOCKs due to grip comfort, but there's a big difference between a CZ with flat grips versus a GLOCK grip for me.

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    The CZUB grips are definitely thinner than the standard plastic ones. The plastic is contoured to fill your hand perfectly in the plastic ones, but they are slick if your hands sweat.

The CZUBs are grippier and thinner to better fit smaller hands. They do get cold in winter and hot in summer sun, but i like them. They have more contour than the grip tape versions.

If you like the plastic contour but want more grip, check out the G10 offerings.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Someday...

Attachments

• cz_75_pistol_sp_01_entertainment_1024x600_hd-wallpaper-675578.jpg
      cz_75_pistol_sp_01_entertainment_1024x600_hd-wallpaper-675578.jpg
      66.8 KB · Views: 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads