• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    I had problems with jams, fail to feed and the hammer not fully cocking on my CZ82. I cleaned it and tried different springs to no avail. In my case I found mine to be rather sensitive to "Limp Wristing". With a firm grip I had no further problems. I think that it feels so good in the hand that I wasn't holding it as tightly as my other pistols.

I have seen many issues due to limp wristing. Had a buddy, who swore his HK USP40 was broken, only to be told by the armorer "quit limp wristing that pistol, son".

Sent from my android device using carrier pigeons.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I've heard of people using a small O ring to keep their trips tight. CZUSA sells a grip insert to prevent this. Its for the CZ83 so it might take a bit of tinkering

I have noticed my grips work loose after a while, too.... pretty common issue if you do some searching on it.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    UPDATE 3//24/14: Went to the range today with 2 MDS members Melnic and smdub who were kind enough to observe and give me their thoughts on my CZ82. Within 5 hot rounds down range we were able to find what we think is the true culprit. A missing or broken slide stop spring (part #42).

The slide got hung up on the slide stop which was basically moving freely, smdub observed this as I shot and the failure to feed malfunction presented itself, then once cleared we saw that tension-less slide stop. When Melnic shot it we were able to confirm as the malfunction was duplicated and then we compared with the 2 other CZ82 we had there. Sure enough the slide stop spring was non-existent in mine and theirs had plenty of tension on the stop so it wouldn't fling up and catch the slide on reciprocation as it wants to feed next live round.

So now onto fixing it. looks like it's a $7 part online, got a link from melnic. now how to install if it's a simple job and no special tools needed I may try it myself, otherwise I would have to take it to a gunsmith. Anyone know any smiths who work with these CZ pistols a lot?

thanks again guys...this forum is awesome! I look forward to enjoying my CZ82 and being one of you guys that raves about this pistol, already love the way it shoots and the way it feels, now once the slide stop spring is replaced can't wait to take 'er back out the range!

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    The slide stop spring is a easy install, broke mine first time I stripped 82 to refinish it, pushed the slip stop lever out and that broke the spring. I ordered a replacement from a guy "NORM" who make them down in Florida. Looks like the link I used had changed.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=132127

If you want to know what real pain is, strip your CZ-82 all the way down, I done it twice and Bitc#.

Here a link to a Guy who post some great video on working on CZ-82, helps a lot to see how some one else does it before you give it a try. Remember a Bag is not a CCW.:rolleyes:

http://sailorcurt.com/2008/04/cz-82-...ng-part-1.html

Good luck and post a photo of your CZ-82 and target shots.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Norm is the man. I got a REALLY cheap PA63 from a guy that was constantly malfunctioning and he gave up on it. Turns out a few bucks for a spring from Norm, and it was just fine...

Glad you found the problem, should be something you can do yourself, or have a local member from here help out. It was very easy on the PA63

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom