• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I found out yesterday that Deb Rey will be having a Town Hall Meeting on Saturday February 21 at 2:00 pm at the Lexington Park Library. Deb sits on the House Judiciary Committee and there are a bunch of gun bills in the pipe this year.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Just saw this also:http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0215/ellynne-en-pointe_-the-emancipator-and-communicator.html
    Lunch with Senator Steve Waugh
    Join Maryland Senator Steve Waugh for lunch in the Olde Town Pub’s Side Room located at 22785 Washington Street in Leonardtown Saturday, Feb. 21 from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Learn more about his plans and goals for District 29, and be ready to ask questions. Sodas will be provided; attendees may purchase lunch on their own. For more information and to RSVP you may contact St. Mary’s County Republican Central Committee Chair Julie Burk-Greer at jbgreer@smcrep.org, or at(301)475-8709.

Have lunch in Leonardtown then down to LP City.

Unfortunately I'll be out of town for the weekend

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I attended both of these events, although Deb is not "my" delegate.

It was very discouraging to hear Steve use the term "I" as often as he did. He spent very little time talking about the issues and a great deal of time talking about what a great job he has done building significant relationships in only 4 weeks. For me it was, :rolleyes: I would estimate that there were about 30-35 folks attending.

Deb was nervous and you could tell, but still, she carried herself well and did a good job actually focusing on questions that were asked. Where she did not have an answer, she said so rather that try to make up some BS line. Her staff took notes and promised to get back to folks on questions that went unanswered. What surprised me, a lot, is that she plans to hold these town hall meetings about every two weeks. Time will tell whether or not there will be the demand / turn out to support that idea, but good on her for committing to it. Hopefully our other two SOMD delegates will join in. I estimate that there were 35-40 people (including at least 2 reporters) at Deb's meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom