• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trapper

I'm a member too.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Western AA county
    I can't believe these jerk-offs are trying to pass off that "in the home" crap. The quote from Heller was "most notably in the home" and the quote from McDonald was "most acute in the home", neither of those is just "in the home".

If some court, in an opinion, said "you have a right to practice religion, most notably, in church" or "your right to practice religion is most acute in church" does that mean you can only practice religion in church? Does "freedom of the press" only apply to newspapers?

Bunch of ignorant pricks....

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I can't believe these jerk-offs are trying to pass off that "in the home" crap. The quote from Heller was "most notably in the home" and the quote from McDonald was "most acute in the home", neither of those is just "in the home".

If some court, in an opinion, said "you have a right to practice religion, most notably, in church" or "your right to practice religion is most acute in church" does that mean you can only practice religion in church? Does "freedom of the press" only apply to newspapers?

Bunch of ignorant pricks....

see, your problem is that you are thinking for yourself. if you just sit back and let the state think for you, you'll be much happier. Guns are nasty anyway and anyone who'd want to carry one outside the home, where there is NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER that you would need one, is a homophobic red-neck knuckle-dragger with a tiny little manhood. That pesky 2a doesn't really mean you should be able to have a gun, I mean, it only applies to the nat'l guard and besides, what would happen if we did let people carry guns? There'd be shootings in the mall over the last toy on the shelf, or over disagreements about charges in restaurants, husbands (men are SOOO pre-disposed to violence) would kill their wives over the silliest of disagreements. It is just better that we legislate that "right" away, don't you think? Besides, it's for the CHILDREN!

(OUCH! my sarcasm gland just burst)

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    see, your problem is that you are thinking for yourself. if you just sit back and let the state think for you, you'll be much happier. Guns are nasty anyway and anyone who'd want to carry one outside the home, where there is NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER that you would need one, is a homophobic red-neck knuckle-dragger with a tiny little manhood. That pesky 2a doesn't really mean you should be able to have a gun, I mean, it only applies to the nat'l guard and besides, what would happen if we did let people carry guns? There'd be shootings in the mall over the last toy on the shelf, or over disagreements about charges in restaurants, husbands (men are SOOO pre-disposed to violence) would kill their wives over the silliest of disagreements. It is just better that we legislate that "right" away, don't you think? Besides, it's for the CHILDREN!

(OUCH! my sarcasm gland just burst)

The sad part is the other side actually thinks that your statement is reasonable and enlightened :sad20:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    This is not a legal arguement in Md anymore. This is all political and they
    will lose. Go for it Mr. Mike Smigiel... Semper Fi....

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Technically, and unfortunately, it is until challenged.

Exactly.

The system works painfully slow at times. Still, we are progressing much faster than many thought we would. Thank the NAACP for laying the groundwork on all these cases. Seriously...they plowed the ground and laid the tracks we are running. The irony is that they are now against this civil right for their members. For now. That will change soon enough.

This is not a legal argument in Md anymore.

It is important to remember that Heller and McDonald technically changed nothing in Maryland. All we have is the opportunity to use those decisions to force positive changes.

As of now, state law is still state law until some court invalidates parts of it.

Lindsay's Dad

Oct 21, 2008
    Monrovia
    I watched the you tube spot and came away from it with the impression that the members knew that what they were doing, even though backed up by policy, was wrong in light of recent US Supreme Court Opinions.

Would it have been so bad if they had just, "Manned Up" and read the winds and done the right thing? I mean would the State Police really appeal a decision like that higher?

LD

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    I watched the you tube spot and came away from it with the impression that the members knew that what they were doing, even though backed up by policy, was wrong in light of recent US Supreme Court Opinions.

Would it have been so bad if they had just, "Manned Up" and read the winds and done the right thing? I mean would the State Police really appeal a decision like that higher?

LD

Having gone before that very same board, only weeks before, I can assure they were being more cordial either because the camera was running, or because of the appelant (Delegate Smigiel). My personal opinion was that they felt as though I was wasting their precious time, in that the conclusion was already foredrawn. I would be interested in knowing the number(s) of applications that they have over ridden, for it sure seems like a "rubber stamp factory" when you go through it.

Although their claim is that they are merely "upholding the law", I did not get the impression that the panel is made of many "pro gun" types. I believe the one female member is said to be, and I got the impression one other member might be, but I really don't know.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    So they first say that they are just upholding the law, and they are denying people because of the law, and it is out of their hands.....then they say that MD is a "May" issue state and not "Shall" issue....meaning that the law allows for THEM to issue a permit, and. Can't hide behind the first while remembering the second.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Back in July, Del Smigiel was talking about suing the AG given McDonald over Shall Issue IIRC. This didn't happen.

Now having been denied "officially" by the MDSP, he would have standing....

Hmmm....something may be afoot here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom