• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    There a good number of MDS members that attend the Delta Fish & Game monthly Steel Shoot. Its an absolute blast to shoot and hang out on a Sunday morning. DFG is looking for a new Range Master or Masters to run the shoot.

Its a voluntery position but they will train thr new RSOs. I would do it myself but jy work schedule and kids sports have my weekends committed. If interested LMK and I can hook you up.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    FPS, I am one of the members here (not a DPBF&G member yet) that regularly shoot the Delta steel challenge matches. I think I only missed 2 shoots over the last two years. Good fun in a safe, friendly, and low key atmosphere for all. Ontasky got me into it. He can vouch for me if necessary.

I also have a Delta membership application (signed/sponsored by Onatsky) laying around somewhere that I just haven't gotten around to sending in yet, but I intend to do so, so hopefully I will be a member soon enough.

Last, I already have a current IDPA SO certification. So I would be willing to pitch in with SO or RSO duty for the next steel challenge season provided someone else is organizing and heading up the effort. I can't commit to make every single match, but expect to make most, so if supplemental SO's are what you are looking for shoot me a PM and I will reply with particulars so you can add me to the list for consideration as the season approaches.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Good guy here ^^^^^

Here's hoping this gets straightened out. I've only been able to attend a handful of matches the last two years, but it's a lot of fun, so I hope it continues.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    FPS, I am one of the members here (not a DPBF&G member yet) that regularly shoot the Delta steel challenge matches. I think I only missed 2 shoots over the last two years. Good fun in a safe, friendly, and low key atmosphere for all. Ontasky got me into it. He can vouch for me if necessary.

I also have a Delta membership application (signed/sponsored by Onatsky) laying around somewhere that I just haven't gotten around to sending in yet, but I intend to do so, so hopefully I will be a member soon enough.

Last, I already have a current IDPA SO certification. So I would be willing to pitch in with SO or RSO duty for the next steel challenge season provided someone else is organizing and heading up the effort. I can't commit to make every single match, but expect to make most, so if supplemental SO's are what you are looking for shoot me a PM and I will reply with particulars so you can add me to the list for consideration as the season approaches.

PM coming

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    When do the matches start I have never shot competition but would like to start this year

They normally start in March. I've never known anybody to not enjoy themself at one. They're very newbie friendly and are as much a "fun shoot" as a competition. You'll have a great time.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Been a couple years since I could make it to a match due to work/kids, but hoping to make it to a couple this year, had a blast before, keep us posted when they will be.

JJM82

Sep 20, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Bueller? Bueller?

Soooo.... does anyone have any info on what's happening up there? Do we have a new Lead R.O.? Are we shooting this month? Are we shooting this year?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    First shoot date on the Club Calendar was end of April when I checked last week. Haven't heard anything else.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I heard informally that there was going to be a meeting for the new range master and prospective RSO/SO volunteers on April 17th, but haven't had that confirmed further.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    thanks, I hope they say something soon. I would have to plan if i have to drive up there, its a 2 hour drive for me when there is no traffic....

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Finally sent my app in, sent email to Jerry, and put 17th on schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom