• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I just got back from Dick's, 300rds. of UMC 45acp 230gr FMJs for $61.00 & change!
    Like I've said so many times, "places like Dick's, Walmart, Bass Pro sell below Wholesale Value"!

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Also remember, Walmart matches most competitors coupons. The Walmart in Frederick on rt.26 took the Dicks coupon I bought 300 rds of blazer brass for 38$. The lady dindt understand the coupon and gave me 6 boxes for half off. I even tried to be honest about it and tell her she wasnt right!

However the Walmart on rt.85 in Frederick wouldnt take it. They said they coulnt match that coupon.

Walmarts tends to beat Dick's prices across the board except for when stuff is on sale.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I just got back from Dick's and they honored the coupon for the mega pack of UMC .223 remington, thats 1200 rounds for 300 bucks, now thats a deal. Also got 2000 rounds of .22 lr for 39.00. Thanks for the heads up on the ammo deal!!!

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    didnt look, had a pop up blind, 4 box ammo and some other odds n ends in my hands. they need shopping carts!

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Maybe I'm mislead by the name, but cheaperthandirt has UMC .45 230-grain for $17.57.

If I read Lamb correctly:
    Lambo said:
    300rds. of UMC 45acp 230gr FMJs for $61.00 & change
    ... he bought six boxes of the same thing at an original price of under ~$14 apiece.

(That's two boxes for the price of one-and-a-half ... or six boxes for the price of four-and-a-half. That's an original price of ~$13.55 or so apiece.)

All together now ... if a train leaves St. Louis traveling 40 MPH...

So cheaperthandirt isn't actually cheaper than Dick's? (AND Dick's has a rockin' sale this weekend, too? Can the stars align any better than this?)

Just in time for my CX4 to arrive next week, too!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Maybe I'm mislead by the name, but cheaperthandirt has UMC .45 230-grain for $17.57.

If I read Lamb correctly: ... he bought six boxes of the same thing at an original price of under ~$14 apiece.

(That's two boxes for the price of one-and-a-half ... or six boxes for the price of four-and-a-half. That's an original price of ~$13.55 or so apiece.)

All together now ... if a train leaves St. Louis traveling 40 MPH...

So cheaperthandirt isn't actually cheaper than Dick's? (AND Dick's has a rockin' sale this weekend, too? Can the stars align any better than this?)

Just in time for my CX4 to arrive next week, too!

Cheaper Than Dirt..........................isn't.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    I'm afraid to go down to the Gaithersburg Dick's. They never seem to have .40 S&W even when it's not on sale :(

I plan to be down there later today. If nothing else, I'll just pick up some shotgun shells since they always seem to have a good amount of those.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    If they have .40 S&W let me know, I haven't shot my Steyr in months.

They did when I was just down there. There were a good number of cardboard boxes filled with stuff that wasn't on the shelf yet so it looks like there's plenty of stock still.

Walked out with 4 boxes of .45 and 2 boxes of .223 soft points myself.

It's a bit unwieldy to have to walk down to the registers on the first floor with 6 boxes of ammo, but then again you're getting 6 boxes of ammo.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Heading over to the Gaithersburg store in about 20 minutes...will report on my score when I return. I just hope I don't come home with another rifle like I did last time I went in there "just for ammo"

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    They did when I was just down there. There were a good number of cardboard boxes filled with stuff that wasn't on the shelf yet so it looks like there's plenty of stock still.

Walked out with 4 boxes of .45 and 2 boxes of .223 soft points myself.

It's a bit unwieldy to have to walk down to the registers on the first floor with 6 boxes of ammo, but then again you're getting 6 boxes of ammo.

Yeah, they need baskets or something. There are never cashiers at the registers near the airsoft/hunting stuff. I'll probably head down tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom