Did Gander Mountain lose their regulated license?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    I walked into Gander mountain in SBY and noticed that there where no regulated fiirearms for sale. I asked around at the local gunshop and was told that they had lost there regulated firearms license or that the FFL quit. Does anyone know what happened? I bought a regulated Sig Sauer P6 there and did not enjoy the experience.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    couple of stories going around. one is that the ffl holder quit. the other is they released a firearm to a felon that was not approved. your pick on which is true. probably a bit of both

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    At the crazy prices they were charging good riddance! 10 round magazine only... have to have internal locking device on handguns even on P6's..i tried to explain to the FFL that older pistols made after (forgot the date) did not need locking devices he told me basically to go to hell. And then they were selling handguns without fire shell casings. I will not miss them at all.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    they were all talking about a cabelas soming to millsboro. dont kow if that true either. said one guy already had a job offer. believe it when i see it

cablegod

Mar 28, 2009
    I was told by one of the counter guys the FFL holder no longer worked with the chain and they were working it out. But who knows!

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    they were all talking about a cabelas soming to millsboro. dont kow if that true either. said one guy already had a job offer. believe it when i see it

They announced one in E Rutherford, NJ. Between that and the one in Harrisburg, I don't see one being built in DE.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ...the other is they released a firearm to a felon that was not approved....
    Unless they defied a "not disapproved" form, which is entirely unlikely, this is not grounds for any sort of action.

Otherwise, no crime is committed and/or stern looks deserved unless they let the firearm go before the 8th day, which is not legal whether the paperwork is back or not. After the 8th day, it is perfectly legal to deliver the firearm whether the paperwork is back or not, due to safeguards to protect citizens from bureaucratic hell-dragging that are built into the law.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    i'm not sure it has to do with the salisbury location itself, as their website no longer lists things like the sig556 either.

When they first opened they had a lot of trouble with selling regulated firearms as well. They had them out for a few weeks, then had to pack them up from the shelves. I guess this time it's a little more permanent. Regardless...good riddance, they didn't do anyone any favors with the crazy high prices.

jbmabrey

Jan 27, 2008
    Wilmington, De.
    There was talk late last year in the Newspaper about them looking around Smyrna. The company wouldn't comment on it and I haven't heard anymore about it.

I have relatives who live there, have talked with a councilman who took office after the decision was made and all of them said that the mayor was against having a Cabelas. She -the mayor felt that she wanted to protect the local businesses (1).

I was told (so it's hearsay) that the comment was made "we already have a gun shop in town". A very small shop at that on main street. While I have done quite a bit of business there, I have also done a lot of business at Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa. and I find the bigger shop has a lot more pluses. More jobs, draws more peripheral business, more selection of outdoor equipment, more jobs etc, etc.

I have hunted near Hamburg in the past, hiked the Appalachian trail 2 miles north of the store, and personally feel the store improved the community a lot. They even have a Dunkin Donut and a Cracker Barrel restaurant among many other new stores and motels.
    It's a shame that they picked Smyrna to locate a store. Other towns would have been much more receptive.

johny357

Sep 7, 2009
    The old dude at Wink's is not the most friendly of characters. Buying a pistol from him is like pulling teeth. I have made 3 large purchases at his shop, and he still asks me "are you going to buy it" before i handle any firearm in his store. The wife and son are good people though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom