• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ffrobbyrob

Mar 3, 2007
    Finksburg
    I have been robbed 3 times in the last yr. (1) house i was working in was robbed and all my tools stolen (Police report)) (2)Truck broken into tools stolen (police report)) (3) Fire dept pager stolen approx $400 value(police report))
    So according to the application I would qualify but should Itry it and "waste my money?"

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Have you been threatened/assaulted and can you prove it/did you call police when it happened?

Do you often carry large amounts of $$'s as part of your job?

Remember that here in Md you do not have the right to use force to protect property.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Gotta keep things rolling along with investigations and paperwork, etc. The bureauocratic process that feeds itself is not interested in a direct solution to a problem. Don't waste your money until the time comes when they realize that this is a viable solution to the problems that they can't handle.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Are you famous?

Do you know anyone who is famous?

Are you a high-ranking Maryland government official?

Have you made large contributions to Maryland Democratic campaigns?

If the answers to all of these questions is no then you do not qualify for a Maryland conceal carry permit.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Have you been threatened? Are you dead yet - if No then you dont qualify; if Yes then maybe you do - But only as K31 said "Have you made large contributions to Maryland Democratic campaigns?"

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    You also need a signed and notarized letter from Jesus himself. :D

Sorry that violates the separation of christian church and state - now a signed statement from Allah and you could have a blast!

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Unfortunately, probably not.

To argue the crime victim angle, you have to be the victim of a violent crime. Multiple times would help.

Just having your stuff stolen doesn't even come close.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    does anyone know were I can find the requirements and application process for CCW. I have been searching on the net and can't find them.

I am going to throw myself on the grenade and apply. I know I may possibly waste my application fee. But it is the principle of the thing. From what I have been told I actually may have a pretty good chance at getting it accepted because of my job.

Even If I don't at least my application is on file and there will be a paper trail that they denied me.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    does anyone know were I can find the requirements and application process for CCW. I have been searching on the net and can't find them.

I am going to throw myself on the grenade and apply. I know I may possibly waste my application fee. But it is the principle of the thing. From what I have been told I actually may have a pretty good chance at getting it accepted because of my job.

Even If I don't at least my application is on file and there will be a paper trail that they denied me.

One of the Maryland gun rights organizations was looking for people to act as test cases a while back, MSI? I'm not sure but maybe someone here knows. If so they might give you guidance in applying in ways that should not be denied.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    The drawback from applying for the MD is that once you get denied, and you want to renew or apply for the florida CCW and if they asked a question saying if you have been denied before ?

thats why i ahvent applied cuz i dont want to get denied from the Florida CCW at that point.

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    not to worry

The drawback from applying for the MD is that once you get denied, and you want to renew or apply for the florida CCW and if they asked a question saying if you have been denied before ? thats why i ahvent applied cuz i dont want to get denied from the Florida CCW at that point.

There was no such question on the Florida application I filled out. Moreover, there is nothing in the Florida "shall issue" law that would justify rejecting an applicant merely because he or she had been denied a permit in a discretionary-issue state such as Maryland.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Any news on CCW for C&R FFL holders? Even working as a security guard, it`s near impossible to obtain! Security firms look for applicants that have permits, but apparently rarely sponsor guards to get permits b/c of the cost of training and liability issues.

However, the head of the security dept. at the company I am contracted at right now is a retired MSP officer, apparently he was near the top of the totem pole... Once I get to know him maybe I`ll ask him how I`d get one. It would be great for work, I could double my pay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom