• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    You will hardly ever find CMP prices outside the CMP- You may in the classified's here though... http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=8 they are just rare

It's really not that hard to fit the CMP criteria. The cheapest club membership is $25 (the garand collectors association) and you can do that over the phone.

If you have taken a Maryland hunter safety course you are covered on the sooting part, if not Lambo's group is having a shoot in January.

You can also go to a range like Hap Baker and get the range officer to sign off on your shooting safely. There's a form available on the cmp website you can dig up and bring with you.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    You will hardly ever find CMP prices outside the CMP- You may in the classified's here though... http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=8 they are just rare

It's really not that hard to fit the CMP criteria. The cheapest club membership is $25 (the garand collectors association) and you can do that over the phone.

If you have taken a Maryland hunter safety course you are covered on the sooting part, if not Lambo's group is having a shoot in January.

You can also go to a range like Hap Baker and get the range officer to sign off on your shooting safely. There's a form available on the cmp website you can dig up and bring with you.

thats really good to know.. i may need that for my md ccw permit.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If all you need is the club membership to qualify you can join MD Rifle Club for $30 in the mail, no meeting to attend necessary to join.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I thought it was easy as pie to fit the criteria for CMP.
    If its personal, I'll understand, but what makes you not CMP qualified?

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I'm not CMP qualified only because I presently lack US citizenship. Otherwise I meet their other requirements (member of an affiliated club, etc).

Looking forward to being able to get guns through the CMP next year.

Matt

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    What club are the people around here members of? I think MDS should be one. ;)

After reading their criteria for affiliation I think MDS would easily fit into that category.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    What club are the people around here members of? I think MDS should be one. ;)

After reading their criteria for affiliation I think MDS would easily fit into that category.

Garand Collectors Association is probably the most popular. I just got my membership packet from them yesterday. That plus my C&R license = CMP buying happiness

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The CMP guns arnt bad for the money, I have a Service Grade gun I got second hand from an board member and it is a great shooter.

I would recommend getting a muzzle gauge and scouting Chantilly. I have never walked out of there in the last three shows without an M1 carbine in hand. There is a guy from up near Frederick that has really good prices and since he is MD and a citizen versus an FFL can do FTF.

Usually decent non import M1s can be had for $600 to $800 depending on what you are looking for and your ability to haggle.

I probably will be looking for one down there to (if you score an IBM before I do I will hate you forever) or a Garand.

Opps I guess this is more of a garand focus, same probably applies I just have focused more on carbines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom