• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • senetor24

Mar 4, 2013
    Hi guys DSG has a synthetic 11-87 for $399 after $100 rebate and a camo Beretta A300 for $599. Shot both like both and I guess I can tinker with the Beretta to get a "custom" fit. Outside of buying both where do you lean? I'd be using for clays and waterfowl.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Hi guys DSG has a synthetic 11-87 for $399 after $100 rebate and a camo Beretta A300 for $599. Shot both like both and I guess I can tinker with the Beretta to get a "custom" fit. Outside of buying both where do you lean? I'd be using for clays and waterfowl.

That is a really good deal on the 1187

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    ^agree. I do like the bolt release on the a300. My 11-87 supermag got real loose after a couple of seasons waterfowling with it. It wouldn't keep the bolt locked back. If it was locked back and you bumped it, it would slam home. Not safe. I would get the a300.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD

If you intend to shoot a lot of sporting clays get the A300. The 11-87 won't hold up to a steady diet of shooting.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    A300 was BF sale last year and when I got there all gone so good luck. Paid $775 for mine at a later date.
    Good luck

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    We looked at the A300 last night and I really wanted to like it. The bolt release though was awful. Awful as in you needed to whack it with a hammer it was so hard to push in. The other thing is the little button under the feed ramp that you need to push in order to reset the bolt hold open feature. The very first thing I do when uncasing my gun at the range is to open the action. The button seems counterintuitive to safety. The gun felt really good but I couldn't get past the bolt issue.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    A friend of mine has an a300 that we shoot clays with often. I like it. The button will loosen up a bit with some use. Go shoot a few rounds of skeet with it; you got a good deal. Happy thanksgiving.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Briley and others make an oversized bolt release button (admittedly added future cost). The little button for chamber opening is odd but becomes automatic pretty quickly. I have an 11-87 Premier (considered the best of the model), its a great looking well made gun that I shoot well, but the A300 still feels better to me.

jeepin13

Jan 10, 2011
    Bel Air, MD
    Anyone know if this is at all DSG locations and what DSG policy is on out of state buyers? Will be in WV for Thanksgiving / BF and would like to pick one up.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Anyone know if this is at all DSG locations and what DSG policy is on out of state buyers? Will be in WV for Thanksgiving / BF and would like to pick one up.

It is on the national flyer so I would assume they will be for sale in WV. As for buying out of state it is unregulated so you're good to go. I'll be buying mine in PA.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    It is on the national flyer so I would assume they will be for sale in WV. As for buying out of state it is unregulated so you're good to go. I'll be buying mine in PA.

I bought a gun from Dicks last night and the final question was "what state do you reside in?" I'm not sure if that's part of the regular 7743 (or whatever it's called) or if that question is specific to Dicks. I'd call the particular store you're going to before fighting the crowds.

More importantly know that their Black Friday sale begins at 6:00 PM on Thursday. I suspect the A300s will sell out as fast as the $199 10-22s.

jeepin13

Jan 10, 2011
    Bel Air, MD

I know its unregulated, just didnt know if anyone was aware of any strange company policies they might have. Buddy of mine picked up an 870 at like 2:00 PM last year on BF at the store in Bel Air. No crowd to fight. Went with him, expecting it to be crazy and we breezed through the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom