• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    What are you thoughts on Ruppersberger over Brown or Gansler? From where I am sitting, it seems if he jumped into the race this would be highly disruptive among the Dems. What is his relationship with the MD GA?

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I heard this on the radio yesterday. The theory was that B and G are both from the Washington burbs, and they will split the liberal vote there. There are some complaints that none of the candidates or their running mates are from Baltimore City, and the City folks are concerned they will be cut out. The theory postulated was that with the PG-MoCo vote split, someone like Dutch could win a three-way primary if he had good ties to the City and could win the Shore and Western Maryland.

Perhaps we could promise support in the primary in exchange for a moderate position on 2A. No one could out-leftist B or G, so he might do that if it meant he won Western Maryland and the Shore.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    He's as 2A unfriendly as they are and would be a strong candidate in the General Election.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    What are you thoughts on Ruppersberger over Brown or Gansler? From where I am sitting, it seems if he jumped into the race this would be highly disruptive among the Dems. What is his relationship with the MD GA?

Meh, it is a grab bag but no matter what, I don't see the governors race helping us at all. I'm focusing on more local stuff.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    You couldn't pay me enough to vote of that pos. This is from someone who worked side by side with him and his family to get him elected County Executive. Biggest political mistake I ever made. Here's to hoping he falls into a manure pit and never resurfaces.

AGCLVP

Jan 27, 2009
    "Dutch" Ruppersberger on guns as Balto Co Exec

For many decades, a number of local gun clubs had access to the Baltimore County Police Range on Dulaney Valley Road. This continued even under Chief Cornelius Behan (a strong supporter of what was then called Handgun Control).

When Terrance Sheridan became Chief of Police in Baltimore County (later to become Supt. of MSP) he ordered the range closed to everyone except the police. We protested this change. Until we threatened to cause County Executive Ruppersberger a great deal of public political pressure, we could not even get him to talk to us.

Long story short, the best offer we could get would have made every member of every club using the range PERSONALLY liable for any accident, even if the member(s) was/were not present at the time.

This we could not accept, and Ruppersberger refused to alter the County's terms. Bottom line, were continue to pay (via county taxes) for a range we have no access to.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    John, I assume you knew that when you asked anything of Dutch's office, he didn't make the decisions. All the thinking was left to Bob Barrett, the man behind the curtain.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Makes me wish Kathleen K "The Ship of State can have many helms!" Townsend would run.

I'd vote for that ditz in the primary, just to screw with them.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I understand a lot of folks may have bad Dutch stories, however, do you really think we would get a better deal from MoCo and PG centric reps?

And who are the Gops planning to run?

If Dutch got the job, I think he would be at constant war with MoCo and PG. Just a thought.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Was reading up on Heather Mizeur this morning, and she's probably even less electable anywhere outside of Baltimore City.

Her ideas are Progressive-Plus. No sale.

Dutch knows enough about how it goes here to make himself appealing across the state. I could even see him pandering to gun owners in an attempt to provide the illusion of a 'strong homeland'

Even so, I still think she's the DINO option

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Remember, the concept of the DINO is to get the most unelectable Dem to win the nomination. With Rupertsberger in the race, that might very well split the Dems terribly. Wouldn't that be good?

Perhaps the DINO's should be encouraging that?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I sent his office a 2A support type letter when he was first elected to Congress and got some stupid ass canned "I know better than you" but thank you for your concern type response. I wish I had saved it and would have posted it, but it went straight in the circular file. He will be of no help, and if he says otherwise he's lying just to gain votes. Besides, he is so enamored with his important work on foreign intelligence committee - go ahead just ask him, he'll tell you all about how important he is - I doubt he will leave Congress to be an also ran for Gubernor.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I heard this on the radio yesterday. The theory was that B and G are both from the Washington burbs, and they will split the liberal vote there. There are some complaints that none of the candidates or their running mates are from Baltimore City, and the City folks are concerned they will be cut out. The theory postulated was that with the PG-MoCo vote split, someone like Dutch could win a three-way primary if he had good ties to the City and could win the Shore and Western Maryland.

Perhaps we could promise support in the primary in exchange for a moderate position on 2A. No one could out-leftist B or G, so he might do that if it meant he won Western Maryland and the Shore.

Boohoo, the city might be cut out. Poor babies. You mean like all the Marylanders that don't live in the city, PG or MoCo. How about all the rural areas that haven't had a say in decades?

Cry me an f'ing river.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom