• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    You want a heavy gun for a hot load. Or maybe it should come with some kind of carry compensator.

I've handled a Glock 20c, and it wasn't unreasonably heavy. Heck, even a bulky monster Hi-Point .45 only weighs 34 oz. The CZ weighs 48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I've been accumulating parts to build a 10mm, have most of what I need now. I plan to use the first 9mm I built as the foundation with 10mm the primary caliber so the outer finish will be to that upper and caliber. I plan to fit a 40 S&W barrel to the 10's slide and maybe keep the 9mm upper as a caliber conversion. Recoil systems, extractors, mainspring housings (for mainspring changes) and magazines will be specific to each caliber.

I'll start it once I get the 9mm I am presently building completed and some small projects done. The present build is 9mm Kimber upper as primary caliber and 38 Super (switch barrel and bushing) as secondary caliber.

I did try a 40 S&W case on that Kimber 9mm slide...it works. Hmmmm...

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Yes. You'll appreciate the weight when you shoot a man's caliber.

Once I get my Para back, the barrel will be reamed to 10mm :party29:

My go-to guns are a Glock 23Gen4 (.40 S&W), a Rossi R971 (.357 Magnum) and a Taurus PT1911 (.45 ACP). What is manly about those is not the caliber or muzzle velocity, but the fact I can reliably make 20 yard head shots with each of them. If we follow the biggest bang = manly caliber line of thinking, then to a Desert Eagle owner, you and I would both be pansies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My go-to guns are a Glock 23Gen4 (.40 S&W), a Rossi R971 (.357 Magnum) and a Taurus PT1911 (.45 ACP). What is manly about those is not the caliber or muzzle velocity, but the fact I can reliably make 20 yard head shots with each of them. If we follow the biggest bang = manly caliber line of thinking, then to a Desert Eagle owner, you and I would both be pansies.

The Desert Eagle is available in .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and 50 Action Express. The 44 and the 50 are about the same muzzle energy. My .45 Colt loads match them, the 10mm loads have a bit more oomph than the .357.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The Desert Eagle is available in .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and 50 Action Express. The 44 and the 50 are about the same muzzle energy. My .45 Colt loads match them, the 10mm loads have a bit more oomph than the .357.

huh? the 44 = the 50? no freakin way. my one bil has the des eagle in 50 and that thing is just WAY too much. it's too big to hold onto (i guess with my girlish hands and all...), and with the 50 kick it just about hits me in the forehead after each shot.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Buffalo Bore makes a 44 Mag round that matches 50 AE ballistics. I'm sure there are others. I wouldn't shoot them in a S&W revolver, I'd use a Ruger Super Redhawk for those loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom