• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Thought this was a chad related emergency. There are several dry spray lubes available. Graphite or other powder lubes can work as well. Carbide dies for a few dollars more minimize the need for case lubing and last longer.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Lanolin.

Cut it with alcohol and spray it with a dime store spray bottle. The alcohol dries and leaves a thin film of lube. Same thing as "Dillon" spray lube, but no costly label.

WildWiz

Jan 3, 2010
    Perry Hall
    lanolin & alcohol

I have been using the lanolin & alcohol recipie for almost 6 years with no problems . I reload a few hundred rounds just about every week. Research the mix on line (Google) & check it out & the price is right

duckslayer

Feb 3, 2009
    southern dorchester county
    Lanolin.

Cut it with alcohol and spray it with a dime store spray bottle. The alcohol dries and leaves a thin film of lube. Same thing as "Dillon" spray lube, but no costly label.

Many thanks we are setting up a reloading shop at home my stuff is all at my office. I brought home everything I needed except for case lube. And of course the box of 204 bullets:sad20:

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I know noting about reloading but I heard of somebody using Pam cooking spray as a case lube.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    lube.

I've also read that STP oil treatment works as well. You can use it like reloading wax (Imperial Sizing Wax), a little on the fingers to put a thin smear on the case.
    DocAitch

Last edited:

Mason-Dixon

Nov 26, 2011
    Chap Stick works very well as a stop gap measure if you get someplace and realize you forgot the case lube.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Tried something out for fun..... water based personal lubricant is a no-go. Took me a while to get the case unstuck. Sillicone-based seems to work fine :innocent0

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I've read of people using wire-pulling lube but never tried it. It would probably only be a cost-effective substitute if you were in the business or knew someone who was. Or maybe found an electrician at a job with some leftovers.

It probably has the same drawbacks as other non-spray lubes.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Tried something out for fun..... water based personal lubricant is a no-go. Took me a while to get the case unstuck. Sillicone-based seems to work fine :innocent0

Just out of curiosity, what caliber did you use? It probably got swollen and that made it difficult to get unstuck.

Next time, use more KY or use a larger caliber.
    Glad you got it unstuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom