• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thai

May 8, 2013
    I think some people like starting threads to stir the pot and walk away from it laughing.... No need for that many AR (NFA) lowers......sorry I don't believe you.

You are entitled. But it is all relative to what each persons budget is. If I add all the firearms and optics I currently own, it would be equivalent to 2 or 3 full auto toys. Maybe an MP5, M16- and an AK?

10 lowers, what is the cost $750 to a grand? Compared to what I just spent, it really isn't that much of a stretch.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Are Andersons decent? I see alot about them due to price. Aren't there really only a few builders that OEM out to other vendors? Anderson build their own? I think I remember here that someone had a list of manufacturers and the vendors for whom they OEM lowers

Thanks

thai

May 8, 2013
    yeah, that's a grey area that I wouldn't want to be any part of...

Yeah, I do not want any risks. I would probably at that point do 15 to 20 80% to make it worth the cost and sell off the CNC machine.

Then I can build every flavor of AR15 under the sun! .300 BO, .500 SW, 9mm, 45, 7.62x39, 6.5, .22, and anything else out there.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    You are entitled. But it is all relative to what each persons budget is. If I add all the firearms and optics I currently own, it would be equivalent to 2 or 3 full auto toys. Maybe an MP5, M16- and an AK?

10 lowers, what is the cost $750 to a grand? Compared to what I just spent, it really isn't that much of a stretch.
    Congrats, that's from the choir..... I really wasn't referring to the price, just the need for 6 plus lowers for SBRs.... I'm personally done with ARs, I'm running out of worthwhile configurations.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    It's your money and you can spend it how you want, but something to consider is...

You said you already have two SBR lowers. Another 10 lowers is $2000 in taxes that is gone and can never recovered. You can't shoot more than two at at time, so spend the $2000 on other firearms/uppers/ammo that have real value and just change your upper when you want to change the configuration. Just my two cents.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's your money and you can spend it how you want, but something to consider is...

You said you already have two SBR lowers. Another 10 lowers is $2000 in taxes that is gone and can never recovered. You can't shoot more than two at at time, so spend the $2000 on other firearms/uppers/ammo that have real value and just change your upper when you want to change the configuration. Just my two cents.

I would agree with this. I don't see the point in having a bazillion lowers.

Ive heard the shtf argument and having a bunch of completed rifles assembled, but if that happens no one is going to care about nfa restrictions and which upper is on which lower, etc, etc...

thai

May 8, 2013
    Wayne,
    I understand. I just dispise AKs. I purchased an M10 pre 10/13 just for O'Moalley's sake. I may purchase an SBR AK, but that would be it. Anyways the AR lowers are so cheap, I have no problems having 5 to 10 lowers sit there doing nothing, for ever. I hate wanting something and having to wait . Since AR are so modular and reliable and all parts besides the lower are completely legal to acquire without any paperwork, it is the only game in town for me.

thai

May 8, 2013

Yeah, $2000 in almost 20 years with respect to the new ruling on Trusts. I am pretty sure some of that will be stamps for a couple more suppressors and if god willing, a select fire rifle or two.

As long as I can play the game with being able to avoid the hassles of finger printing and CLEO notifications for all persons named on my trust, I don't mind spending the money. I waste much more on other frivolous ways.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Wayne,
    I understand. I just dispise AKs. I purchased an M10 pre 10/13 just for O'Moalley's sake. I may purchase an SBR AK, but that would be it. Anyways the AR lowers are so cheap, I have no problems having 5 to 10 lowers sit there doing nothing, for ever. I hate wanting something and having to wait . Since AR are so modular and reliable and all parts besides the lower are completely legal to acquire without any paperwork, it is the only game in town for me.

Not a big AK fan either(have a few, but only because they were being banned), I am into Bullpups though, and there's a few on the horizon worth looking at like the Desert Tac MDR and Keltec RDB. If your into H&K rifles the Zenith Firearms Z-43P is just begging for a form 1. Also The Bren 805 has my eye right now along with the now recalled IWI Galil. There's a lot of cool rifles to be had, and they're neither AR or AK...... If you really want something special then you need to checkout FN's M249S (civilian legal SAW) that will make you the center of attention at your local range. Ok just thinking out loud, this is actually my 2016 list, so get your own. :D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    For you paper weight collectors, Daytonatactical.com has some good deals on 80% lowers and other parts.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Not a big AK fan either(have a few, but only because they were being banned), I am into Bullpups though, and there's a few on the horizon worth looking at like the Desert Tac MDR and Keltec RDB. If your into H&K rifles the Zenith Firearms Z-43P is just begging for a form 1. Also The Bren 805 has my eye right now along with the now recalled IWI Galil. There's a lot of cool rifles to be had, and they're neither AR or AK...... If you really want something special then you need to checkout FN's M249S (civilian legal SAW) that will make you the center of attention at your local range. Ok just thinking out loud, this is actually my 2016 list, so get your own. :D

You want to pay MG prices for a heavy semi auto that will get out performed by an ar-15 in basically every category?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    You want to pay MG prices for a heavy semi auto that will get out performed by an ar-15 in basically every category?
    If I got it I wouldn't get it for performance (I have the performance section covered). Have you ever seen people pay tens of thousands for old tanks that have neutered cemented guns? This is that tank, semi-auto belt fed function will do just fine.....

Oh, did they list the price yet? If so can you share.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    If I got it I wouldn't get it for performance (I have the performance section covered). Have you ever seen people pay tens of thousands for old tanks that have neutered cemented guns? This is that tank, semi-auto belt fed function will do just fine.....

Oh, did they list the price yet? If so can you share.

Fair enough. I saw MSRP of $7K, don't know about street.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Yeah, $2000 in almost 20 years with respect to the new ruling on Trusts. I am pretty sure some of that will be stamps for a couple more suppressors and if god willing, a select fire rifle or two.

As long as I can play the game with being able to avoid the hassles of finger printing and CLEO notifications for all persons named on my trust, I don't mind spending the money. I waste much more on other frivolous ways.

Sounds like money isn't a problem. I have a bunch of Anderson and PSA lowers. The finish on the Anderson seems to be of lower quality, just as an FYI.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I would go talk directly to an IP and tell them you want 15-20 lowers at once and see what kind of deal you can work out. They should be able to get you a nice pile of sequential serial numbered lowers for decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom