• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Just to let everyone here know Lou at Lou's Sporting goods in Bowie has some FAL 20 round mags that he is selling for 10.00 each, granted they are used, I picked up 10 from him and they are in good shape, some of the finish is removed from use but other than that they look good. BTW I think he only has 10 more left for now but I am not 100% sure, so get them while they last.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Not a bad local price at all. Gun Parts Guy has them for 8.99. Thats the best ive seen one the net for quanity buys. At the silverado show Ammunitionstore ( i think there belly up now??) had them for 7.99$.

For 10$ I would buy as many as you needed. To bad it cost 10$ worth of ammo, to load your 10$ mag. LOL

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Yeah, they do. But, you could give lou the $10 and support a local good guy and the $3 diffrence will be eaten up some by shipping. We have to support our local guys even if it costs a couple of bucks more. :thumbsup:

Well said canuck, Lou is the best way to go locally in my opinion Help a local guy, and save on shipping at the same time see below. So actually it is cheaper going to Lou's :D.

Last edited:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    You can thank me :irule: for those mags as they came with my new FAL and the extra mags I'd ordered....:D
    Actually Lou and Steve ordered new FAL's as well- all got the FAL's at the same time.....22 weeks after the fact!!:innocent0

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    I think it was the return spring assembly -- but dont quote me on that. I was surprised at how ONE he was w/ the problem.... If I had waited 10 months for a gun and it broke the first time I shot it I'd have a mild heart attack.

I dont mean this as a mock on DSA -- I think they make the finest FAL on the market, but still... Bad juju I guess.

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007
    You can thank me :irule: for those mags as they came with my new FAL and the extra mags I'd ordered....:D
    Actually Lou and Steve ordered new FAL's as well- all got the FAL's at the same time.....22 weeks after the fact!!:innocent0

Are you the guy that was in the shop when I was filling out my paperwork for the M1014? I'm going to guess yes as that's the same day all the FAL's w/ the cool side-folding stocks arrived...

anyway, rock on. Thanks for the DSA mags! :party29: (not that I have a FAL anymore..but still). SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN DEALER.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Are you the guy that was in the shop when I was filling out my paperwork for the M1014? I'm going to guess yes as that's the same day all the FAL's w/ the cool side-folding stocks arrived...

anyway, rock on. Thanks for the DSA mags! :party29: (not that I have a FAL anymore..but still). SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN DEALER.

I don't think so as I didn't get the FAL until about a week ago. I was out of town when they came in. I had already filled out the paperwork in June- so I just had to wait the seven days after they (finally) showed up.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    How much does the FAL Receiver run around here ....

since veryone got one ..and im wondering what you guys do ..

dont meant to hijack this thread :)

nebula8080

Dec 30, 2007

I havent seen a stripped FAL receiver in awhile... Only the complete guns. The complete rifles take A LONG TIME to get in. Stripped AR receivers are somewhat easier to find.

I heard DSA was knocked out of the SASS trials because they couldn't meet production demands -- so based on the current "real world" delivery of rifles...you'll be waiting awhile for a stripped receiver.

Not to say DSA is the only game in town or GB isnt just a click away...but still.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

If you have $500 to drop, you can get one delivered to your FFL ASAP. This does not include shipping or transfer fees.
    If you're not in a hurry and you join the FAL Files- DSA will sell it to you for $100 under retail (between $350-400). You will get it in about 6-8 months....:sad20:
    Or you can do like what was said above and go to Gunbroker.
    Also, you can always buy the complete rifle- you won't touch an SA58 for under $1500-more like 2K, but you can get an STG for about $1100+/-.

Here's a place to check out: http://www.usmadefal.com/

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    I was just saying that DSA had them becuase someone said that Lou only had 10 left. I do prefer to buy for local stores and $3 per mag doesn't matter to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom