• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I already took off work for 2/8, so I doubt I'll be able to take off 2/6 unfortunately. I'll certainly try though, but more just to be there than to speak; I'll leave the public speaking to someone from here who's going and is good at it.

Move your day off, if you have to choose, this is the more important of the two days. The 6th is the day for all of the marbles, the more people that show up for the hearings the better.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Will having numbers of supporters at the hearing, those that are not speaking be beneficial? I can probably make both, but would not feel comfortable testifying.

Yes, you being there will be helpful. The larger the crowd, the more we can show how much we believe this bill should NOT pass.

FreedomLuvr

Mar 21, 2010
    Balt. Co.
    This is obviously very important to attend and share your voice. However, I think it could be equally damaging if you are unprepared. Would enjoy seeing advice from anyone that's testified at one of these before. Maybe make this thread or start a new one to make an "official" place to link *proven and reliable statistics* as ammo for people testifying. Other than FBI or police crime stats anyone have any other good data. Thanks in advance! LET OUR VOICE HEARD AND NEVER SILENCED!

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I'm in!

Not sure if I'll still be able to make the 8th. Closing down shop for one day is tough (and potentially quite costly) But two days in one week? I may not be able to pull that off.

But as gprimr1 said, this is more important.

How early can you sign up to testify?

Also, I now have no vehicles under 7" tall anymore. Were (besides the stadium) is a good place to park? If at all possible, I'd like to be within walking distance of the hearing.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Yes, you being there will be helpful. The larger the crowd, the more we can show how much we believe this bill should NOT pass.

I'm new on here, and also have never attended hearings in Annapolis. Will there be a group getting a bus, or carpools. I am in Cecil, and can meet up any where, along I 95 area into Baltimore.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    You'll need to be brief. It's going to be a long day. You're technically allowed three minutes, I think, but most take less than their allotted time.

I'd like to get some guidance from MSI on this. I've heard they resort to tactics like splitting up the bills in different rooms to divide the ranks and delaying he bills that have a lot of folks testifying until the end and then rescheduling. Any thoughts/ advise on any of these issues? Seems like sheer numbers and potentially working in shifts to cover rescheduled hearing might be in order.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Maybe MSI should create a Facebook event for this hearing?

From the legislature site:

Anyone wishing to testify on any bill must sign the witness register before 12:45 p.m. If you have written testimony, please submit 20 copies to the staff for distribution by 12:00 p.m. The order that bills are listed on the schedule is not necessarily the order in which they will be heard. Materials submitted for the Committee's consideration should not include plastic covers, binders or other materials that cannot be easily re-used or recycled.
    Do we have allies on the Committee that will coordinate receiving (by email), duplication and distribution of written testimony and putting names on the lists to testimony?

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    I'll be there on the 6th, to bad I can't be there for both events. How strictly is the time limit enforced, I dunno if 3 minutes is enough time for me to cover my points...

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    I'm in and will plan to be there both days...I have plenty of Use/Lose leave!
    I will be coming up from Calvert County if anyone wants to look at carpooling...

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Search "John Lott" on the forum, and print a pdf of one of his articles -- it will give you access to footnoted, reliable statistics, and you'll have something good (and encouraging) to read!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I can be there on the 6th.

Anyone from Takoma/Silver Spring want to do a carpool?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I made a post on the 2A Feb 8th march with regards that we need everyone on the 6th more than the 8th. I also sent a PM to Lee Green (the coordinator for MD for the 8th) to see if he can blast this out everyone planning on attending the 8th.

I will be there for the 6th definitely.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Maybe MSI should create a Facebook event for this hearing?

Do we have allies on the Committee that will coordinate receiving (by email), duplication and distribution of written testimony and putting names on the lists to testimony?

Oh man, I sure hope they do something somewhere else also... All this FB stuff.....

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I made a post on the 2A Feb 8th march with regards that we need everyone on the 6th more than the 8th. I also sent a PM to Lee Green (the coordinator for MD for the 8th) to see if he can blast this out everyone planning on attending the 8th.

I will be there for the 6th definitely.

Already speared the word amongst the rally coordinators. We having a conference call tonight to discuss rally logistics and the 6th will be part of the agenda.

Thanks

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    This is obviously very important to attend and share your voice. However, I think it could be equally damaging if you are unprepared. Would enjoy seeing advice from anyone that's testified at one of these before. Maybe make this thread or start a new one to make an "official" place to link *proven and reliable statistics* as ammo for people testifying. Other than FBI or police crime stats anyone have any other good data. Thanks in advance! LET OUR VOICE HEARD AND NEVER SILENCED!

No one should let it stress them. Having bodies there is important. Just getting up and saying "I respectfully ask the committee to oppose this bill" is great. Making a super eloquent and convincing speech that makes Frosh want to join the AGC to shoot his new AR is the holy grail of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom