• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    OK, we made an impact on Annapolis yesterday. We showed we mean business, that we can gather large numbers quickly, and that we will stand up in opposition to these unjust bills. Let us not lighten the pressure on Annapolis. The original 2nd Right rally for the 8th was never cancelled, and is still going to happen. Lets show that we can fill lawyers square completely and twice in one week. Let us become a major thorn in the side of Annapolis to the point that they beg for us to lighten up, instead of us always begging them. Lets get several thousand people there again, and again, and again. Eventually the media will no longer be able to deny what is going on, and legislators will take notice and know that this could be political suicide to push these issues. Ok, enough of my emotionally charged ranting. Please show up from 10-12 on the 8th and join us in being seen and noticed.

"Holding the Line in Annapolis" confirms this event is definitely still a go. Bring your testimonies if you didn't get the chance to speak in the chamber. Obviously our lawmakers had dinner reservations or wanted to finish playing chess games on the laptops. OPEN MIC grassroots day! !! Let's bring it again.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Go get them guys. Sadly, I can't take two days off in a week. I was there yesterday standing in line for 4-5 hours just to sign up and testify. Completely missed rally because I was inside builidng the entire time. Didn't even get to use my sign because it wasn't allowed in the building. Grrr... Saw MOM, Gansler, I think Baltimore County and Baltimore Police Commissioner, City prosecutor Bersein etc. Besides Gansler and the police chiefs, they all seemed to have armed body guards. :mad54:

I need to save my remaining personal days for the 2nd senate hearing date and the house hearing date. I think not only should we oppose current bills, but use the outrage to push back on the existing bills. I talked to a lot of people yesterday who said this was a wake up call. We should no longer act as battered gun owners (syndrome). It's time to stand up and fight the f**k back. I'm not moving for now. I'm going to keep fighting. I think like others have said, we gun owners (dems, repubs, tea partiers or whatever) may be the silent majority that has finally woken up.

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    My wife and I learned the hard way get there early because it gets crazy trying to park and just get down there. See you guys tomorrow.

jcass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 21, 2012
    gambrills , maryland
    who's going? This starts at 10am right. I took off and the boy has a ride home from school..I have Dr App in the am in annapolis then I'm heading down town.. I hope we have allot of people there again so we look like we mean business and wont just walk away tail tucked..and say oh well we tried.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    even if you can inly go early or go late, make time to know on their office doors and let thevstaff know how you feel. that makes a huge impact.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I was there yesterday, I will be there tomorrow, and Mar 1st, and Mar 5th, and any other day needed.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Understandable for all those that simply can't take two days in one week, as jobs are important. I do encourage everyone who can make it happen to come. Legislators have been overheard saying "don't worry, tomorrow it will be all over and they will be gone." We need to show them we aren't going away. We need to show we ALL will be following this issue and voicing our opinions until the end. Like said above, please visit their offices and sign petitions while you are there. Make things impossible for them to ignore.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Make sure to pay special attention to:

Raskin, the chess player
    Frosh, the rabid anti gunner he is
    Turner, who is for weapons confiscation in MD

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter