• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Man. I wish I hadn’t thrown all my unserialized guns in the bay.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    We are in the time in US history where gun rights are going to change the most. The gov't has put us in a spot where we have to choose between having some reasonable restrictions or having carte blanche. Given the gov't is so unreasonable I am happy it is carte blanche.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I never understood why anyone complied with this before the absolute deadline to do so. It was bound to be challenged, and had a good chance of being overturned.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Man. I wish I hadn’t thrown all my unserialized guns in the bay.

They are mostly plastic, they will be OK.

Where did you say you tossed them?

OysterDiving.jpg

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I never understood why anyone complied with this before the absolute deadline to do so. It was bound to be challenged, and had a good chance of being overturned.
    The MD law still applies in MD unless and until the Feds appeal to 4CA, and 4CA upholds the District Court decision. Then it becomes binding precedent for all of 4CA, including MD. I doubt DoJ would appeal a loss at 4CA to SCOTUS, because that would go nowhere. OTOH, if we lose at 4CA, it'll end up back in SCOTUS's lap for more beatdown fun. But no matter which way it goes, it will probably be another year or two, or more, before it's final and MD's "Ghost Gun" law is effectively erased.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    We are in the time in US history where gun rights are going to change the most. The gov't has put us in a spot where we have to choose between having some reasonable restrictions or having carte blanche. Given the gov't is so unreasonable I am happy it is carte blanche.

"shall not be infringed" means there are no such things as "reasonable restrictions". NEVER negotiate your Constitutional Rights away.

Last edited:

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    "shall not be infringed" means there are no such things as "reasonable restrictions". NEVER negotiate your Constitutional Rights away.

That's just not true. Just like there are reasonable restrictions on the 1st, there can be some on the 2nd too.

The problem is that people like Frosh aren't reasonable and so I have to choose between stupid restrictions and no restrictions. I choose no restrictions all day long.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's just not true. Just like there are reasonable restrictions on the 1st, there can be some on the 2nd too.

The problem is that people like Frosh aren't reasonable and so I have to choose between stupid restrictions and no restrictions. I choose no restrictions all day long.

SCOTUS has stated “reasonable” is not unconstitutional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I am unsure what is actually a "reasonable" restriction, as any legal restriction is an infringement on a Constitutional right, and is not something that effects anyone but the law-abiding citizen, who is not the problem (unless of course, the politicians involved have a secondary and hidden agenda with said legislation that term "reasonable").

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Trieste standing by…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 6FC12847-3070-459B-81B0-F86D424A8F8B.jpeg
      6FC12847-3070-459B-81B0-F86D424A8F8B.jpeg
      130 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread