• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Just called them and they said it was incomplete... I wonder what did I miss. I only sent in fingerprints (x2), pictures (x4 in case they needed extra), the money order, copies of my DD214. Filled out their application. Dont see what the hell else they needed.

Now im kinda PO'd down $117. I seriously hate this crap. Everytime I need to get a license for anything it's always some drama.

I just went to MD State Police and had them take my fingerprints. They had to use patches for 4 of the fingerprints - they place a patch over the individual FPrint that didn't turn out good and take it over again on top of the patch.
    I hope this is not a problem for FL. I did my best and apparently this is the police process to rectify bad prints.
    Anybody have the same done to them?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I've called a few times this morning to check the status of my application, but I keep getting busy signals. In a way it was almost refreshing to know that I wouldn't be queued up for half an hour waiting for someone to help me. Did anyone else run into busy signals when checking their status?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I've called a few times this morning to check the status of my application, but I keep getting busy signals. In a way it was almost refreshing to know that I wouldn't be queued up for half an hour waiting for someone to help me. Did anyone else run into busy signals when checking their status?
    Yea, when I called about a week ago I had about 15 minutes of busy signal, then about 45 minutes on hold.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I did eventually get to hold, and the message said that "to avoid unnecessarily holding," to wait until 60 days have passed since you mailed the application. They've cashed my check, but it hasn't been 60 days yet. I'd really hate to hold for 45 minutes to get summarily dismissed by someone telling me to call back when it's been 60 days.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    She didn't tell me to wait the 60 days,but at least I found out they got my money order. She told me that if there were any problems with my application that I would be notified by mail, and she hoped that the next thing I recieved in the mail was my permit.:thumbsup:

CHASER

Nov 9, 2007
    I send my app in 1/29/09
    They cashed my check on 2/26/09
    She said call back in about two more weeks we havent done anything with your application yet 4/28/09

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Called to check on my application today. I was told that my application is waiting to be reviewed, and that they are still processing applications from January. Yikes.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Called to check on my application today. I was told that my application is waiting to be reviewed, and that they are still processing applications from January. Yikes.
    My God!! Mine was sent in early march, I won't get mine until september:mad54: Glad I also did virginia, Got it back in 30 days:D

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    My God!! Mine was sent in early march, I won't get mine until september:mad54: Glad I also did virginia, Got it back in 30 days:D
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Buff:
    I see that FL cashed my check today (May 12). Date on my check was 4/23/09.

PSOH

Dec 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    FL non-resident ccw

Ok, now that I have my FL non-resident ccw, where do I find the DE and PA laws to follow for a Marylander who has a FL no-resident ccw permit? I understand the rules are different for people who do not reside in FL who has their non-resident ccw.

KDM™

Native Texan
    Jan 24, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    From what I understand, PA does NOT honor the FL non-resident ccw as they have their own non-resident ccw. But I might be mistaken.

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

The Breakdown FLORIDA'S RECIPROCITY STATES

Carrying Firearms in Pennsylvania - Frequently asked questions (by the Pennsylvania State Police)

Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit. It is the position of the Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Crist urged to veto budget raid on state's gun funds

By Steve Bousquet, Times/Herald Tallahassee Bureau
    In Print: Tuesday, May 19, 2009

TALLAHASSEE — As more people in Florida seek concealed weapons permits, Agriculture Commissioner Charles Bronson wants Gov. Charlie Crist to veto a $6-million raid on a fund that pays for the program.

Bronson's request presents a timely opportunity for Crist to score political points with gun owners just as he's embarking on a race for the U.S. Senate.

In a letter to Crist, Bronson cited "unprecedented growth" in applications for gun permits that has created a "tremendous backlog" of cases to be processed. All applicants are subject to criminal background checks.

To balance the $66.5 billion state budget that takes effect July 1, legislators swept nearly $600 million from dozens of accounts known as trust funds. Most funds are sustained with fees that pay for specific programs.

The Division of Licensing trust fund consists of fees paid by applicants for concealed weapons permits as well as security, investigative and recovery licenses. Bronson's office said the $6 million sweep would leave between $2 million and $3 million in the fund.

"By law, the department is required to issue licenses within 90 days of receipt of a complete application," Bronson wrote in his letter to Crist dated May 14. "If we do not meet this time frame, an applicant may, by law, request the license to be issued even without the results of the criminal background check being reviewed. We simply cannot process all of these applications in a timely manner because of this unprecedented surge in new applications."

For months, in a trend seen as tied to President Barack Obama's election, the state has been flooded with tens of thousands of applications for concealed-weapons permits. Some retail stores in Florida have reported running out of ammunition as well.

A legislative budget committee in February gave Bronson the okay to spend $3.9 million more to hire 61 temporary workers.

In April, the state received 15,534 concealed weapons permit applications, compared with 9,207 in April a year ago. In March, the state received 12,809 applications, compared with 7,996 for the same month a year earlier.

Bronson's letter follows a similar plea from lobbyist Marion Hammer of the Unified Sportsmen of Florida, an affiliate of the National Rifle Association. She called the trust-fund sweep a tax and an attack on Second Amendment rights.

"In a last minute sneak attack on gun owners, the Florida Legislature raided the concealed weapons and firearms licensing trust fund and created a tax on the exercise of the Second Amendment," Hammer wrote. "That is a de facto tax on gun owners."

Crist, a candidate for the U.S. Senate who is expected to emphasize his support for gun rights, had no immediate reaction to Bronson's request. He has until May 30 to act on the budget.

"The governor appreciates the commissioner's letter. We continue to review the budget," spokeswoman Erin Isaac said Monday.

Bronson told reporters Monday that the sweep of the money caught him by surprise.

"It was all done in the last couple of days of the session. We certainly didn't recommend it," Bronson said. "Because we've had such registrations of concealed weapons permits coming in, we may have to put in more equipment, more modernized equipment, more people to handle the issues."

Times/Herald staff writer Alex Leary contributed to this report. Steve Bousquet can be reached at bousquet@sptimes.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom