• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Got my packet today and also registered for the Utah CCW course from Mid-Atlantic on May 29th. Wonder which one will arrive first:D

That will be a fun race :)

I'll put my money on FL (assuming you mail them both the same time). FL is running < 30 days round trip recently. I heard that UT is running the full 60 days.

I have VA and FL, pending in UT. After you get those two, you will ask yourself the same question I am: What state next? After FL and UT, it looks to me like one-offs from there out.

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    CRAP!!! I just received Notice of ERROR OR OMISSION from my application. It says that my MD Police Training Commission Firearms Safety Training Course Certificate of Completion is NOT SUFFICIENT for evidence of having completed firearms safety. WTH! When I called she said that they need a "certificate" but it says CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION right on the damn card. Has anyone else experienced this? When I called the MD Police Training Commission the man said he'd never heard of such a thing. Did I catch a FLA official on a bad day or something?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Search through the thread, others have had similar issues, myself included. You'll need something else to prove your competency with a firearm. NRA's Basic Pistol course will suffice, and several members of the forum can provide that training.

cad424

Apr 28, 2010
    Texas!
    Is that the certificate you get after watching a 15-20 minute video? If so, I can understand why they wouldn't accept it. It still sucks that you're the victim of bad information.

Are you a veteran, perhaps?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    That will absolutely do the trick. Although we can't enjoy the freedom to carry in this state, it's fun to do in our "free" neighboring states.

rob-ss

May 4, 2010
    Maryland
    Does anyone know of a notary with an ink stamp. All the notaries I have gone to have the embossed type which won't show up well when scanned. I'd hate to spend all this money and time to get refused for this.

Squaredout

The Widows Son
    Mar 25, 2010
    Does anyone know of a notary with an ink stamp. All the notaries I have gone to have the embossed type which won't show up well when scanned. I'd hate to spend all this money and time to get refused for this.

I Have a ink stamp. However I live in Catonsville MD

4Prosales

" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "
    Nov 3, 2009
    Va -- Fla -- why would you need a Utah ??

That will be a fun race :)

I'll put my money on FL (assuming you mail them both the same time). FL is running < 30 days round trip recently. I heard that UT is running the full 60 days.

I have VA and FL, pending in UT. After you get those two, you will ask yourself the same question I am: What state next? After FL and UT, it looks to me like one-offs from there out.

I have been trying to find out in the laymen s simply whats the advantage of getting a Utah if I already have a Va and Fla CCW . The only Difference this redneck can see is **** $59 first 5 and $10 for another 5 AND Fla was 117 first 7 and $107 for another 7 **** I guess it's the money ??

4Prosales

" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "
    Nov 3, 2009
    CRAP!!! I just received Notice of ERROR OR OMISSION from my application. It says that my MD Police Training Commission Firearms Safety Training Course Certificate of Completion is NOT SUFFICIENT for evidence of having completed firearms safety. WTH! When I called she said that they need a "certificate" but it says CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION right on the damn card. Has anyone else experienced this? When I called the MD Police Training Commission the man said he'd never heard of such a thing. Did I catch a FLA official on a bad day or something?
    When I applied I sent the copy of the Card I received Signed by the Instructor at the Gun Store where I watched the video to purchase my hand gun 7 years ago. Then the cards look more official I guess. Both Va and Fla accepted the card form my CCW in both states. I have been a life long NRA member Fisherman, Sportsman, and avid gun shooter collector ( Also got my FFL 03 C&R Lic ) never had a hiccup ??? Sounds like you got Obama's Brother !!!

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

I got my FL CCW permit with an embossed notary, not the inked stamp. No problems. Of course I don't understand your "scanned" comment. I did scan my application so I could retain a copy, but I sent the original notarized application to FL.

In my case it took about 6 weeks round trip from MD to FL and back to MD. I just got mine about three weeks ago so I'm guessing that is as current a metric of their turnaround time as you're likely to get, for now.

And to address another FAQ recently, I sent one combined check.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have been trying to find out in the laymen s simply whats the advantage of getting a Utah if I already have a Va and Fla CCW . The only Difference this redneck can see is **** $59 first 5 and $10 for another 5 AND Fla was 117 first 7 and $107 for another 7 **** I guess it's the money ??

I don't see that much of an advantage. My parents live in Florida, so Florida made more sense to me. Utah doesn't honor Florida.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I don't see that much of an advantage. My parents live in Florida, so Florida made more sense to me. Utah doesn't honor Florida.

Correction. Utah DOES honor Florida non-res. However, Florida doesn't honor Utah non-res.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Correction. Utah DOES honor Florida non-res. However, Florida doesn't honor Utah non-res.

I'm confused. I was under the impression that Fla does accept the Utah permit...

From the MidAtlantic Firearms Training Site:

firearm_map_000.gif

Doesn't "Formal Reciprocity" mean they accept it?

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom