• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wonder how it'll deflect excess gas when running suppressed?

One of the reasons I liked the Gunfighter handle, had the benefits of a PRI Gas-buster w/out the cost of one.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    That thing is huuuge - I'd be concerned with that digging into my back if you carried it slung. I personally like the BCM charging handles, but if it works for you that's all that matters.

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson
    Is the BCM a Mod 3 or Mod 4? In picture #3 it looks like it says Mod 4. I am looking for charging handles for my rifles which clear the optics but don't cost a fortune. I have no experience with anything other than Mil-Spec but noticed the Fortis on the inet. Any other charging handles I should look at? Thanks.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    That thing is huuuge - I'd be concerned with that digging into my back if you carried it slung. I personally like the BCM charging handles, but if it works for you that's all that matters.

It actually doesn't stick out any further than the BCM Mod3...just looks a lot bigger. The part I like is the Fortis has more surface area and I've taken a couple chunks out of my finger doing drills with the Mod3.
    I'm torn...the Mod3 sticks out at least 1/8" more to the left versus the Fortis but the Fortis is taller so you get more area to grab. I need more practice time with each to see which I prefer.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Is the BCM a Mod 3 or Mod 4? In picture #3 it looks like it says Mod 4. I am looking for charging handles for my rifles which clear the optics but don't cost a fortune. I have no experience with anything other than Mil-Spec but noticed the Fortis on the inet. Any other charging handles I should look at? Thanks.

Good catch...didn't realize I had any mod4's laying around. The pics above I posted of the AR's side by side are definitely Mod3. I'll replace the side by side pics of the handles shortly.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The ambi's nice in regards that you can easily "blade" it with either strong or support hand.

Nice touch when you have to transition from strong side to weak side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom